In case you haven’t heard by now, Apple released big updates yesterday for… well, just about everything, including OS X. For our 1Password 4 for Mac customers, I’m happy to say you’re already prepared to drop in on the waves with the new OS X Mavericks.
In fact, 1Password 4 was not just ready for Mavericks, we did a few things to make it hum along with Apple’s latest Mac OS. We optimized 1Password 4 using new Xcode 5 instruments, which reduces CPU usage when idle and preserves battery life. We also leveraged Responsive Scrolling for that buttery smooth experience.
1Password 4 is a perfect complement to your iCloud Keychain
1Password 4 for Mac is also ready for all of Apple’s new iCloud features. We added iCloud sync to the Mac App Store version and 1Password 4 for iOS, and 1Password works quite well alongside Apple’s new iCloud Keychain.
For example, here’s one useful setup idea:
- store some of your basic Login items in iCloud Keychain if you know you’ll only want them in Safari on Mac and iOS
- keep your full library of Logins, Identities, Credit Cards, Secure Notes, and all the other wallet item types in 1Password so you can use them across Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Windows, and Android
- use the new Multiple & Shared Vaults feature to share items and collaborate with family and team members
- take advantage of our new Wi-Fi Sync feature to stay in complete control of your data
- check out all the other 1Password ecosystem features that make security more convenient
We hope you enjoy Mavericks as much as we do, and we’d love to hear from you on Twitter and Facebook if you have ideas, questions, or just suggestions for Apple’s next OS X naming system after big cats and great surfing locations.