After months of beta testing, a small lake’s worth of coffee, and a possibly illegal number of pizzas, 1Password 4 for Windows is here.
This is a huge release for us, as it brings many of our latest features to Windows and a cleaner, more intuitive interface. Windows users can enjoy Favorites, Multiple Vaults, Wi-Fi Sync, and Security Audit, as well as our new, free 1Password Watchtower service that warns you when a Login’s site has been compromised and helps you decide when it’s safe to update your passwords.
All together, this release includes 374 new features, improvements, and fixes spread over 85 betas. You can comb through the full beta release notes, learn more in our documentation, or check out our feature overview down below the gallery.
All-new browser extension
Perhaps best of all, our legendary browser extension is now on Windows. You can drill down to view vault items, search your vault, access your Favorites, change extension settings, and, of course, it’s still just a single click to open a new site, fill your credentials, and login.
The extension looks and behaves the same in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera, and it’s even a great experience in Internet Explorer! It now resembles its Mac brother while still being all Windows.
You can get 1Password 4 for Windows now in the AgileBits Store. It requires Windows 7 or 8, and here’s how pricing breaks down:
- If you bought 1Password for Windows anytime in 2014 or even 2013, v4 is free! Your current license will just work
- Upgrade price for all other customers is $24.99
- Single user regular price is $49.99
- Family 5-pack is $69.99
- Multi-seat business licenses are also available
What’s new in 1Password 4 for Windows
Our latest features
- Watchtower – if a Login’s website has had a security breach, our new, free Watchtower service alerts you to whether it’s safe to change your password
- Favorites – give your VIP items the VIP treatment so they’re just a click away
- Security Audit – new categories that point out Weak Passwords & Duplicate Passwords to help you stay on top of your security
- Tags – a flexible way to organize and find items with one or more keywords
- Sharing – Send an obfuscated copy of a Login or any other item to someone you trust via email
- New toolbar – a simplified, powerful, and beautiful new toolbar puts all the important features at your fingertips, including search!
- Demo Vault – show off 1Password without showing off your personal information
- Multiple URLs per Login item – sometimes one just isn’t enough
- Custom fields – store all the information you need in each item
- Wi-Fi Sync for mobile – you can now sync with an iPhone or iPad on your network, no cloud required
- Vault awareness – during setup, 1Password detects all vaults in your Dropbox
All-new browser extension
- One extension, many browsers – our extension now looks and behaves the same way in all browsers 1Password supports
- Analog to Mac – our extension features, design, and overall awesomeness are now nearly identical across Mac and PC
- Multiple Vaults – switch vaults right from the extension
- Detect password change – when you change an existing Login’s password, the extension will verify that you want to update the existing Login
- Auto-Type in all web browsers
- Unlock on Secure Desktop
- Tray icon is now more informative about 1Password’s status