Via our awesome Twitter friends, we bring you a very apropos comic from xkcd.com:
Homer says it best:
Don’t be the victim of unsavory online practices. Use a different, secure password on every site, and protect yourself from a world of potential trouble. Of course, the easiest way to do that is, you guessed it, 1Password!
With the “Strong Password Generator,” strong passwords are a couple of clicks away. Click the “1P” plugin icon—or just right click on the page where you need a password—and select “Strong Password Generator.” Set a few sliders and click the “Fill” button, and you’ve got an unguessable password and a new 1Password entry to store it for future use. Now there’s no excuse for password reuse! (excuse the rhyme)
Stay safe out there!
Other posts in this series
- More than just one password: Lessons from an epic hack (August 19, 2012)
- Password reuse strikes again, and a bit closer to home at Dropbox (July 31, 2012)
- Friends don't let friends reuse passwords (July 12, 2012)
- On password breaches and security processes (June 6, 2012)
- Two thirds of web users re-use the same passwords (June 7, 2011)
- Tips: How to Find Duplicate Passwords (April 29, 2011)
- When websites are breached, 1Password saves the day! (April 14, 2011)
- Security firm falls victim to password reuse (February 17, 2011)
- xkcd Hits Nail on Head (September 14, 2010)