It seems like only yesterday that I was here introducing the “New Chrome Extension + Beta!” Well, here I am with some more great news: Now all you devoted Chrome fans can get your hands on the new extension that we debuted with Safari 5.1, just in time for Chrome 14!
As many of you know, however, this journey really began with Chrome. So now we’ve taken the technology we originally developed for our Chrome extension, refined and redesigned it (as seen in Safari), and now it’s out of beta. And while it looks a bit different than what we Chrome devotees have grown accustomed to, it works very similarly, so we can all feel right at home.
But it isn’t just a pretty new face. We’ve put a lot of work into improving the form filling from our original Chrome extension and added a number of new editing and viewing features so that you can do a lot more without ever leaving your browser.
So What’s New?
While the interface has gotten a huge redesign from the previous 1Password Chrome extension, we have added a few other things as well. Some highlights:
- Universal Unlock – 1Password and the extension now lock and unlock simultaneously!
- The Sidebar – Use Tab to switch between Logins For This Page, All Logins, Identities, Credit Cards, Password Generator, and Settings
- Item Details – Click the (>) arrow to the right of any item (or press the Right Arrow on your keyboard) to view and even edit them!
With improvements under the hood, a fresh look, and added functionality, the 1Password Chrome extension is better than ever.
Update Déjà Vu
“So, this sounds pretty great,” you say, “but how exactly do I take advantage of this nifty new extension?” you might also say. Take no action! Just sit back and relax: Chrome automatically updates all of its installed extensions!
But if you’re as anxious as I am (I couldn’t wait!), you can follow these steps to force Chrome to download the update immediately:
- Launch Chrome and go to Window > Extensions
- Click on “Developer Mode” over to the right
- Click on the “Update Extensions Now” button that appears to the left — done!
(Wow, I feel like I have said this all before!) As always, be sure to join us in our forums if you have any questions or feedback. Happy browsing!