Hello again, Agile Readers, and welcome to another episode of 1Password Updates! We have another minor yet exciting episode for you today—will that Chrome bug get squashed, could that fix get… fixed? Read on for the exciting conclusion!
Ok, let’s put that theme on hold and just cut to the chase. 1Password 3.8.12 for Mac for our web store customers isn’t a big feature release, but it’s a good bug fix release. In particular, we fixed a few lingering problems related to communicating with the Chrome extension, a few other general quirks in the 1Password Helper, and we are happy to say that 1Password weighed in at 1MB lighter on the file scale!
The full changelog goes a little something like this:
- Now verifying 1PasswordAgent files exist within the 1Password.app package before removing and upgrading existing agent
- Improved 1PasswordAgent communication with Google Chrome to avoid timeouts
- Improved logging in 1PasswordAgent when communicating with web browsers
- Reduced download size by just over 1 MB
- Now opening the correct url when using the Help > Release Notes menu
- Fixed crash of helper when attempting to unlock browser extension with a blank master password
- Fixed problem preserving aspect ratio of software license icon images
- Fixed problem deleting software item icon with the keyboard Delete key