You may have seen the news and incredible reviews elsewhere, so we are absolutely delighted, thrilled, ecstatic, and, overjoyed to tell you that the new 1Password for iOS is here. In the App Store. Right now. If you’re curious about making the transition, we have a great new FAQ too.
What’s the big deal about the fourth edition of 1Password for iOS? In short, everything.
We spent more than a year thinking, designing, dreaming, drafting, listening, testing, and ultimately building. The new 1Password for iOS marks a new era for the most incredible password and identity manager for the iPhone and iPad which, in the words of Rene Ritchie at iMore, has been “redone from pixel to bit.”
We have an all-new interfaces for both iPhone and iPad that’s easier to use and even more beautiful; a full-featured Web Mode with tabbed browsing and form filling for Logins, Identities, and Credit Cards; iCloud sync; custom templates; Favorites for quick access to your most-used stuff… I could go on, or you could check it out in the App Store or go through just some of our best new stuff below:
- 110% redesigned interface – It’s a whole new app for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch!
- All-New Favorites section – You asked for quick access to your most used stuff, you got it!
- All-New Web Mode – A full browser with tabbed browsing on iPhone and iPad, a URL bar—the works!
- All-New Form Filling – Just like the Mac and PC versions, you now have Logins, Identities, and Credit Cards just a tap away in the all-new Web Mode
- All-New Vault Mode – A redesigned place to organize your items by Categories, Favorites, Folders, and powerful search
- Global Search – Search your entire Vault, Favorites, or a specific Category
- iCloud sync support – 1Password sync: Not just for Dropbox anymore!
- Folders – All the joy of folder organization from the desktop on your mobile device
- Customize your items – Let each item be the unique snowflake that it was created to be.
- Introducing Linked accounts – Multiple URLs can be associated with a single Login.
- Action Bar — Swipe across an item to easily Smart Copy, Favorite, Open in Browser, or Delete.
- View Attachments on iOS – Viewable on iOS, just like on the desktop!
- Auto-Copy for passwords created with the Strong Password Generator (tap the “show password recipe” when using the SPG)
- Supports 13 languages – English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, Norwegian
- Demo Mode – Want to show off 1Password to a friend or post a screenshot, but don’t want to share your Vault with the world? Enable Demo Mode in Settings, lock 1Password, then type “demo” as your Master Password to make 1Password 4 for iOS load up a bunch of sample data instead of your personal Vault.
- A brand new Quick Tour for new users. It’s much easier to get started with 1Password now.
- PC-less sync setup – We now use iCloud and Dropbox’s new API to get you setup with sync, so you no longer need a Mac or PC to setup sync for your iPhone and iPad.
- Better backups – Not only faster, but now it is a part of iTunes File Sharing feature in Settings > Sync.
- Strong Password Generator is now included in all of your password fields—secure passwords everywhere.
- Auto-Copy for passwords created with the Strong Password Generator (on by default, but tap the “show password recipe” when using the SPG to see it and other options)
- Clear Clipboard – New in Settings, enabled by default, this option lets you clear your iOS clipboard at intervals of 30 seconds to five minutes. Great for preventing apps or websites from grabbing your passwords or other sensitive data.
We also streamlined 1Password for iOS to a single, new, universal app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch that requires iOS 6 and has a unified price of $17.99. But to celebrate a year of work and our best release to date, we’re holding a Launch Celebration and Upgrade Sale of just $7.99—over 50 percent off! Get it while the sale lasts, because we’re not sure yet when it’s going to end.
We’d like to thank our fearless developers, visionary designers, steadfast customer support team, and of course our incredible customers for making the new 1Password for iOS what it is today. We hope you love it, because this is just the beginning.