1Password 4 for Mac brought over 90 awesome new features, and one of its best (and most-requested) is the brand new Multiple Vaults. You can now create extra vaults, copy items to them, and optionally share them with family, coworkers, or anyone else you choose.
We have a great support document that explains step-by-step how to create and share a new vault, but here are the cliff notes:
- Create a new vault (1Password > New Vault…)
- Customize its icon, color, and Master Password (you can even use photos from your Mac!)
- Copy some items to this new secondary vault (select any item, click the sharing arrow and choose your new vault as the destination)
- Place the vault in a shared Dropbox folder or other location (1Password > Preferences > Sync)
- Have your family members or coworkers use 1Password 4 for Mac to add your new vault
- Enjoy 1Password’s new Shared Vault awesomeness
Our new Multiple Vaults feature is Mac-only for now, emphasis on for now. But we think it’s the best way to collaborate with family and coworkers yet conveniently use strong, unique passwords to protect all your sites, apps, and devices.