Well, ok, we haven’t added solar panels (yet), I meant the other green: 1Password 4 for Android is now rolling out for phones and tablets. It is a brand new app and should be available in Google Play soon as soon as Google’s servers update!
This is a fully operational, add-and-edit-all-your-items-able, one-tap Login-able new version of 1Password that has been rebuilt from the first line of code to the last icon.
It’s also free!
We don’t call ourselves AgileBits for nothing, so we’re trying something new with this release. 1Password 4 for Android is a free app, and through August 1, 2014, all features are unlocked and free for everyone to try. After that, it will switch to being a reader client for your vault, a perfect companion for syncing your data with 1Password for Mac and PC.
If you want all editing features of 1Password 4 for Android after August 1, you can unlock them with a one-time in-app purchase. We’re still figuring out what that price is going to be, but we’ll have details soon!
Available now-ish and full release notes
We just hit the big red button in Google Play, so 1Password 4 for Android is rolling out as a free upgrade to our previous Android edition. If you don’t see it yet, you should soon, and thanks for your patience.
For those who like to dig through the full release notes, they’re just below the gallery.
- Phone and Tablet UI – a true, modern app for both devices
- Rich and redesigned icons
- Free app
- All features free to try until August 1
- Turns into a reader on August 1, unlock all features with a one-time in-app purchase (price TBD)
- Manage your vault – add, edit, and delete items
- Support for viewing attachments added from Mac or PC
- Strong Password Generator
- Viewing custom fields
- Viewing web form details
- Mark items as Favorites for quick access
- Updated and expanded item categories
- Folders and sub-folders
- Built-in browser so you can log in with a tap
- Easily copy Login and other details to use in other apps
- Dropbox sync
- Folder sync
- Automatic sync
- Background sync
- Sync notifications (notification drawer and on-screen)
- Merge local data with an existing vault
- Lock all of your important items behind a secure Master Password
- Tamper-proof Authenticated Encryption using AES-256 using Encrypt-then-MAC
- Same solid foundation as 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS
- PIN code (not limited to 4 digits)
- Automatically clear clipboard
- Automatically lock vault when idle