It’s been a week since we released 1Password 5 for Mac. Big releases can be a whirlwind, so I thought it would be fun to share some statistics from this past launch week.
- 4 months of design/development
- 32 beta versions released prior to the App Store release
- 1 awesome new UI and icon
- 4725 crashes reported since launch (although one poor customer accounted for over 1000 of those)
- 2 feature spots: Best New Apps and Great Apps for OS X Yosemite
- 3rd Top Grossing in the US Mac App Store
- 3rd Top Paid in the US Mac App Store
A quick view of our customer interactions
- 1400+ Tweets from @1Password
- 300 posts in our 1Password 5 for Mac discussion forum
- 15000 views of our 1Password 5 for Mac User Guide
- 45000 views of our 1Password 5 for Mac Knowledgebase
- 16700 views for the Web Store and iCloud FAQ (sync still dominates our top searches).
- 300% increase in email help desk inflows (compared to prior week)
- 100% increase in website visits (compared to prior week)
- 300% increase in downloads of 1Password 5 for Mac
- 74,600 sessions on launch day
Mac OS breakdown visiting our website (prior month, current month)
* Fascinating how quickly the number of people using Yosemite increased.
Top 10 countries visiting during launch week
The best stat of all
All these stats are cool. But this one is the coolest. Thank you, everyone. We would be nothing without our customers.