What might seem like one of the smallest new features in 1Password 5 for Mac is actually one of its biggest. We completely redesigned it so you can find what you need more easily, but we also gave it a huge dose of keyboard shortcuts so you can work faster and keep important items at your fingertips.
If you want to impress friends and family and save even more time with 1Password, give these 1Password mini shortcuts1 a try:
- Open 1Password mini: ⌥-⌘-\ (Option-Command-backslash by default)
- Open 1Password mini’s preferences: ⌘-comma (Command-comma)
- Select a category or item: ↑ ↓
- Open item detail window: →
- Close item detail window: ←
- Copy selected field: ⏎ (Return key)
- Copy the password value for the selected Login item: ⌘-⇧-C
- Switch vaults: ⌘-1 through 9
- Edit an item: ⌘-E (Command-E)
- Save an item: ⌘-S (Command-S)
- Anchor button (to open an item in its own window): ⌘-O (Command O as in the word “open”)
- Reveal password field: Hold ⌥ (Option key)
Keep 1Password items on screen while you work
You can even pin 1Password items on-screen in order to reference or copy their details to other apps. Just click the Anchor button (or press ⌘-O) to open an item in a separate, free-floating window. The item detail window remains open until you click the red close button. Plus, you can anchor as many items as you like.
Naturally, there’s a bonus tip here: To close multiple anchored windows all at once, hold ⌥ when you close a window using the red button.
We hope you like these shortcuts, so let us know what you think of them and if we should add any more!
- Naturally, these all require that, in 1Password > Preferences > General, the setting to “Always keep 1Password mini running” is enabled.