Shield Security header

Cyber Security Sale!

US President Obama declared that October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. As you can imagine, we’re pretty excited about this! Here at AgileBits, we believe that every month is Cyber Security Awareness month. Even better, others have joined President Obama’s initiative, from Canada’s oldest university to the entire country of Belgium. All around the world, universities, corporations, and governments are recognizing the critical importance of online security. This is really fantastic news for everyone.

Are you doing everything you can to protect your most important information? If you’re not already using 1Password and taking advantage of its strong, AES 256-bit encryption, today’s a great day to start.

We want to make it easy for you to keep your digital information secure. That’s why, for a limited time, we are taking 40% off all of 1Password apps. That includes Mac, Windows, the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS and the Premium Features in 1Password for Android. Please join our celebration of increasing cyber security awareness around the globe by protecting yourself and your friends and family.

1. wtstb2015
    wtstb2015 says:

This sale is good timing considering what LastPass announced today. I moved to 1Password from LastPass a few months ago and couldn’t be happier.

• Megan O'Brien
      Megan O'Brien says:

We haven’t determined the end date for this sale yet, so I can’t give you a firm answer. But it’s one of those “it’s such a great deal that it can’t last for too long!” type of scenarios, so you’ll want to grab your license soon so you don’t miss out. :)

2. Martin
    Martin says:

Fantastic! I’ve been a LastPass user for a few years but after the LogMeIn announcement it’s time to switch. Thanks for the discount.

• Megan O'Brien
      Megan O'Brien says:

Hi Martin,

Welcome to 1Password, we’re so happy that you trust us to keep your important data secure! If you ever have any questions, our team is available to help. :)

3. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
    Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore says:

I didn’t know what to get my friend for his birthday… Now I know. For 24$ it’s a steal :D

4. Arun
    Arun says:

I switched to 1Password from LastPass months ago because it offered me a cloud free solution. While I have since switched to dropbox sync, I take comfort in knowing I can go back to Wifi sync if I lost trust in dropbox. Mostly, I appreciate knowing even if AgileBits ceased to exist as a company or was bought, it does not affect the usability of the current versions of 1Password I have installed and I remain in control of my data.

• eva
      eva says:

Hi Arun,

I’m so glad to hear how much you appreciate both our Dropbox and local sync options. Customers as great as you are the reason that we are able to put so much love into 1Password!

• Arun
      Arun says:

Also a word of appreciation for your support team. After I migrated, there were a number of questions relating to usage; posting these in the support forum got me a useful response well within 24 hours.

5. George S
    George S says:

Logmein Lastpass buyout survivor here.
    Does 1Password support a smooth import of Windows 7 LastPass data into 1Password Windows app?
    Can you point me to the current procedure to do so?

6. Joe
    Joe says:

If one uses 1password, how do they login to a remote computer that does not have 1password, and I am not likely to remember the passwords 1password generates?

• Megan O'Brien
      Megan O'Brien says:

Hi Joe,

I apologize for the delay in response!

The best solution here is to use 1Password on all of your devices. We have apps for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android so that you can keep your important data with you everywhere. Of course, there’s always that occasional instance where you have to sign in to an account on a computer that is not your own. Our iOS app has a handy large-type option that displays your password in large, friendly letters for easier legibility. If there are a few passwords that you know you’ll have to type in on a fairly regular basis, I recommend creating dice ware passwords. Our Chief Defender Against the Dark Arts discusses it in this blog post: Dice ware helps you to create passwords that are secure, easy to remember, and type!

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions, please drop us a line at

7. Amanda
    Amanda says:

I’m still using 1Password v3 and am happy with it. I can’t find a list comparing the versions and showing the upgrades. It’s always nice to have latest, but not sure what the benefits are. Is there a list somewhere? Any help on this appreciated.

• Megan O'Brien
      Megan O'Brien says:

Hi Amanda,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in response here.

It’s great to hear that 1Password 3 is still working well for you! While we don’t have an official list of the differences between 1Password 3 and our later versions, you can get a good idea of some of the great new features in our upgrade posts:

One of my favourite features of the newer versions of 1Password is multiple vaults. It’s a great way to organize your items and securely share just some of your data with those who need it. Think sharing work accounts with your colleagues, sharing the Netflix account and all your banking information with your partner, all the while keeping your personal Facebook login details to yourself.

There are a ton of user interface improvements, and a slick design to match El Capitan’s simple visual style.

If you’d like to know more, please send an email in to and we can continue this conversation. :)

8. cyclecommuterldn
    cyclecommuterldn says:

I’m yet another LastPass user who’s thinking of bailing out since the LogMeIn buyout – like others here I like the idea of being able to cloud-sync between devices but if that doesn’t work out, I can always Wi-Fi sync so best of both worlds thanks to 1Password, which I tried out a few years back and liked it, but I thought it was way too expensive, but then found out about LastPass which I went with. The 40% discount on the 1Password bundle was enough to get my attention and jump on the bandwagon, but I’d be even more impressed if there was a 40% reduction on the upgrade price – but I guess it boils down to the difference between existing customers and potential customers.

• Megan O'Brien
      Megan O'Brien says:

Hi there,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in response!

I just wanted to confirm our pricing structure. While sale prices come and go, our users always enjoy a 50% discount on upgrades. We value our users support and want to make it as easy as possible for you to keep your software up to date.

If you have any further questions, please send an email in to, we’d love to hear from you!