1Password for iOS header

1Password 6.1 for iOS: The Unity Edition

It’s been an incredibly exciting week for us. We finally shared a secret project that we’ve been working on for ages! But that’s not all we’ve been doing. Our developers have been burning the candle at both ends to ensure that the 1Password apps you know and love continue to be awesome and powerful.

Today we’ve got a great update to 1Password for iOS for you. Version 6.1 not only integrates Teams features into the app, but adds a handy All Vaults view and all sorts of polish.

You get a Team, and you get a Team…
Everyone gets a Team!

1Password for Teams in iOS: Add a new account

1Password 6.1 for iOS is our first official release with support for 1Password for Teams. Once you’ve signed up and created your team on the 1Password for Teams website, you’ll be able to pop over to the Settings tab in 1Password for iOS and add your team right to the app by using the handy QR code found on your team’s Get the Apps page.

Any vaults you add to your team will show up automatically on your iOS device (and will get added to the awesome new All Vaults view – more on that later!) Best of all, you can still use the same one password you’ve been using all along to unlock 1Password for iOS – no muss, no fuss.

As an added bonus, activating your 1Password for Teams account unlocks the Pro Features in 1Password, just for you!

Unify your life with All Vaults

1Password 6.1 for iOS: All Vaults

You already know how easy it is to share you items by using multiple vaults. 1Password for Teams makes it even easier, which for us has resulted in a number of additional vaults. While this feature is fantastic for organizing our items, it does present a challenge: Where did I save that one item? Hopping around between vaults isn’t the most fun we could be having, so we decided to do something about it: we built an All Vaults view.

The shiny new All Vaults view enables you to see all of your items, no matter which vault they’re stored in. But wait!, you say. I don’t want to see all my vaults at once!, you say. No worries, we’ve got you covered. The Settings screen now has a vault selector to let you easily choose which vaults should be included in the All Vaults view. Careful now, toggling those switches is pretty addictive! =)

Bessere Leistung! (Better performance)

Not only have we improved our translations, but we’ve also sent 1Password to the gym to handle those bigger vaults with grace and ease. There are a lot of other great refinements, as well; see our release notes for the full details.

1Password 6.1 for iOS is available now as a free update for all existing owners. Head to the Updates tab of the App Store to update to the latest version now! Got feedback? We’d love to hear from you. Add a comment here, check out our discussion forums, or visit us on Twitter or Facebook.

1. Patrick H. Lauke
    Patrick H. Lauke says:

I’d love to make use of multiple vaults on my Win/Mac/iOS, but the current lack of support of this on Android (and my need to also use 1password on this platform) is holding me back. Any indication if this will be coming in the foreseeable future too?

• eva
      eva says:

Hi Patrick,

Great question! Multiple vault support is definitely on our development roadmap for our Android app. However, I don’t have a timeframe for you. I can assure you that our Android team is working hard on their to-do lists and do see multiple vaults as a priority.

Wishing you the best,
      Eva

2. Francisco Espinoza
    Francisco Espinoza says:

I love 1Password App for iOS but I don’t understand why I need to Install Dropbox Application on Windows to Sync 1Password for Windows with my Vault stored on the firstone, it’s totally insane. Guys, please update the 1Password for Windows Aplications ASAP…

• eva
      eva says:

Hi Francisco,

I’m sorry you are frustrated by the need to install the Dropbox application on your Windows computer to use it to sync your 1Password vault(s).

The original reason for this requirement was because we started using Dropbox for syncing before they had an SDK or API. We continued to use Dropbox this way because it makes sync setup much easier for many of our customers.

That being said, I have shared your feature request with our developers. Perhaps we can find some way to balance your request with maintaining an easy user experience for our less technically savvy customers.

Eva

• Francisco Espinoza
      Francisco Espinoza says:

Hi Eva, it’s nice to heard that. I hope the team make a great job on this. If this is the case, I will continue using 1Password on my Laptop…On my iDevices 1Password is essential, but that’s not the same case when using my Laptop with Windows (I have to use it on my job).

• eva
      eva says:

Hi Francisco,

And thank you for your question. We truly appreciate and value our customers’ feedback.

I did want to mention that our Windows Modern app (which is still in alpha testing) will not require you to download the Dropbox app because it uses the API. So stay tuned for an improved Windows experience once we get that app up and running.

Eva

3. Justin Warren
    Justin Warren says:

Version 6.1 continues to crash when I attempt to open the app on my iPhone. Has anyone else experienced this? I am at a complete standstill without access to multiple passwords that I need for work. About to lose my mind!

• eva
      eva says:

Hi Justin,

I’m so sorry to hear that you are having issues with 1Password 6.1 crashing. You are most definitely not alone. The fix here is actually quite simple, just wait until 1Password 6.1 shows up in the updates list on your device and then manually update it from there. You should not have to delete and reinstall 1Password to do this.

If you still have issues after doing that, then please send us an email at support+social@agilebits.com and we will dig a little deeper and figure out what is going on.

Thanks for letting us know.

-Eva

• Michael Fey
      Michael Fey says:

Hi Justin,

Eva’s suggestion has indeed worked for other folks. Can I ask how you updated to 1Password 6.1? Had the update shown up in your update list, or did you go to the 1Password page in the App Store app? Were you running version 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 before?

• Helen M
      Helen M says:

I updated to ver 6.1.1 via App Store updates on my iPhone 6s. The app launches and then freezes. I can’t quit out of the app. Only recourse is to force restart my phone. I rely on 1P a lot! Hoping you all have a solution!?!?!

• eva
      eva says:

Hi Helen,

I’m so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your 1Password 6.1.1 for iOS app. It is hard to diagnose the issue in a blog comment. Could you please send us an email at support+social@agilebits.com so we can give your issue the full attention it deserves?

Thank you so much.

-Eva

4. David
    David says:

Nice features once again!

I wish you would add an option to unlock only the secondary vault on iOS… typing in a long password (of the primary vault) on a mobile device is so cumbersome.

• eva
      eva says:

Hi David,

Thank you! We’re always glad to hear kind words from our customers.

You are not the first to ask for the ability to only unlock secondary vaults in our iOS app. It is definitely something we are considering and I have added an upvote on your behalf to the feature request.

Thanks!
      Eva

5. Jeff
    Jeff says:

Howdy – when Vaults be available for the Mac OS X & Windows desktop versions? Without that, having it on iOS is pretty pointless for us.

• eva
      eva says:

Hi Jeff,

We are most definitely looking at adding All Vaults view to both our Mac and Windows apps. Unfortunately, I don’t have any information regarding when we might be rolling it out. In the meantime, I have added upvotes for this feature request on both platforms.

Eva