I have some exciting news to share with you about families.
Last month I wrote about how I use 1Password for Teams with my family and the response was amazing. Many of you were excited to sign up your family and asked if we’d have special pricing available.
Families are near and dear to our hearts, so we wanted to find a way to make 1Password affordable and accessible for all families everywhere.
Today, I’m happy to announce that we succeeded! We’ve created a special plan with an amazing price just for families, and we went even further by making it easier than ever for families to use 1Password.
Protect your family for $5 a month
1Password for Families builds on our new Teams infrastructure to give you everything you need to protect your loved ones. And it’s only $5 a month for your family of 5.
It’s never been easier to share 1Password with your whole family. There’s no sync service to set up, vaults appear automatically, and there’s an Admin Console where you can invite people and manage sharing with your family.
Every family member gets their own copy of 1Password, and their own personal space to store private information. With this, you can give them the tools they need to stay safe without taking away their independence.
Best of all, 1Password for Families comes with all the 1Password apps at no extra charge. You can easily switch between Mac, iOS, and Android without worrying about licenses (Windows coming soon).
And guess what? You even get the first month free, so sign up now:
A Special Launch Special!
1Password for Families is a subscription service and costs $5 a month for up to 5 family members. We like to call it our $5 for 5 plan :)
We know lots of you are already using 1Password today, so we want to make it easy for you to get started. We have a special deal for you if you sign up before Spring springs.
If you create an account before
March 21st April 14th, you will get the following early-adopter perks:
- $10 added to your account (an extra 2 months free)
- Twice the amount of secure storage for your documents (that’s 2 GB)
- The ability to invite two more family members for free (a total of 7 family members!)
Best of all, these last two perks are permanent additions to your account. And hurry, because the Spring equinox will be here before you know it!
Why 1Password for Families?
Why should you sign up for 1Password for Families when you already have 1Password? The biggest reason is that it makes life so much easier.
Here are a few of the great things 1Password for Families can do:
- It would be great if I didn’t have to purchase and manage licenses for everyone in my family.
- When I change the Netflix password, it would be awesome if everyone in my family got it automatically in a secure fashion.
- A simpler setup would help my uncle use 1Password as he’s not very technical and has trouble setting up sync.
1Password for Families makes all these things easy. I simply send my family an email to invite them. Sync is built in and just works. And my whole family can use 1Password on a single subscription.
And it’s not just about making life simpler. With Families, I can worry less. As a husband and father of two, here are some of the things I used to lose sleep over:
- What if I share passwords with my family and they delete them by accident?
- What if I set up my 7-year-old son on 1Password and he forgets his Master Password?
- If something happens to me, how do I make sure Sara and my family have access to what they need?
- My parents are getting older and I’m the executor of their estate. Will I have access to their accounts when the time comes?
Now I can start getting on top of these worries before they become real. 1Password for Families allows me to reset accounts, securely share items and documents, and delegate access to the people who need it.
For more details and to sign up your family, jump on over to our brand new Family page:
I hope your family loves 1Password for Families as much as mine. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Dave Teare – Founder of AgileBits