1Password for iOS update featured image

1Password 6.3 for iOS: The Time-Saving Edition

I can’t believe it’s already March and Daylight Saving Time is almost upon us again! For many of us, this means a slightly darker morning commute, but also more daylight to play in at night. Whether you’re eagerly anticipating the clocks springing forward or already rueing the change, today’s update to 1Password for iOS will make things just a bit brighter for you. Besides, the new improvements will save you so much time, you won’t even miss that hour. :)

Choose a favorite (vault, that is)

Between work, my family, and my podcasting passion, there’s a lot of information I want to securely share with other people. 1Password for Teams and 1Password Families have made this so simple for me, but now I have a lot of vaults! When I use 1Password on my phone, I’m generally filling in a credit card number or logging in to an app, so I almost always want to find items in my personal vault.

Now I can instruct 1Password to always open my personal vault at launch. To specify which vault you’d like 1Password to show when you launch the app, go to the Settings screen, then tap Vaults > Always Open To.

Shine a Spotlight on it

I often use Spotlight to find apps and launch them, and I love that I can also use it to find items in 1Password. If you’re like me, you’ll enjoy the tweaks we made to speed up Spotlight search. We also taught it how to read accented characters better, so typing “creme brulee” will now find your amazing Secure Note all about crème brûlée.

1Password 6.3 for iOS: Spotlight

In this digital age, it’s important for everyone to use a good password manager. That’s why we put a lot of time into making sure VoiceOver support works well with some of our newfangled features. We paid special attention to the vault picker and QR codes used in 1Password for Teams and Families.

And more

I’ve hit some of the highlights here, but this update features even more improvements. If you’d like to read all of the juicy details, check out our full release notes!

I’d love to hear what you think of today’s 1Password update. Please share your thoughts in the comments or start a conversation with us in our discussion forums.

1. Polly
    Polly says:

Great review – and you fixed the attachments issue!! When do you think the change log link will be updated? Nothing about iOS 6.3 yet in your link. Thanks so much.

• Aleen Simms
      Aleen Simms says:

I was just coming back to say that they’ve been posted! Glad you read the full release notes–we make them for our fellow nerds who want all the details! :)

2. marco
    marco says:

I wish to use 1password. Now I have password Manager HD. I can backup the passwords but not import them to 1 password. What is the solution.?

3. spera
    spera says:

Hi Marco!

It might be better to go to our support forums for help. An AgileBits employee responds to every post and there’s more freedom there for discussing things. It’s also easier for everyone to keep track of the conversation there :) You can also email us for help: support+social@agilebits.com

Having said that, it looks like Password Manager HD is Android-only. I’m not familiar with it. A good place to start is checking to see if they have a way to export your data. We can try help you import it if they have a way to export.

4. Guillem
    Guillem says:

My windows demo expired, and now I just joined 1password for families, but I really need the chrome extension to work, as it is very difficult for me (and all of my family) not to have it now that we have spent around a month using it.

Please expedite the chrome extension for 1password for families, at least a beta version.

• Aleen Simms
      Aleen Simms says:

Hi Guillem!

Thanks for taking the time to write to us :) As I told Marco above, it might be better to go to our support forums for help. An AgileBits employee responds to every post and there’s more freedom there for discussing things. It’s also easier for everyone to keep track of the conversation there :) You can also email us for help: support+social@agilebits.com

I’m not sure what version of Windows you’re using, but we have a beta version of our Windows 10 app on the Windows store. We’re working on getting 1Password Families support for older versions of Windows, but we’re building something brand new for it! It’s taking some time, but it’ll be worth the wait.

In the meantime, you can use 1Password in your favorite web browser. It’s not quite as handy as being able to fill your information automatically but it is available everywhere you need it, which is pretty cool!

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

• Chris De Jabet
      Chris De Jabet says:

Hi Octavian,

I apologize that your comment went unanswered for so long. I don’t have any news on Google Drive being added as a sync option.

A newer option to consider in lieu of Dropbox at your workplace is 1Password Teams. We designed Teams to be a terrific workplace solution as it enables your entire team to share the most important data securely.

And for your personal information, we also 1Password Families, which uses the same infrastructure for sync as Teams, along with the ability to easily share important personal data among your family.

Both of these new options integrate with our current apps for Mac, iOS, and Android, and also with our new beta app for Windows 10. I hope you’ll check them out with a free 30-day trial of the services at 1Password.com.

Good morning, Rudy! Thanks for reaching out and giving me a chance to help 🙂

I’d love to learn more about what the problem is so we can dig into this deeper. If you could elaborate on the issue that would be great. Sometimes these sorts or issues are better solved by email so it’s probably best to email us at support@agilebits.com so you could include some screenshots if you find that easier.

Please let me know what’s happening and I’ll try to help more.