I’ve got some exciting news to share with you about 1Password for Windows.
We’ve been working on a brand new app that brings 1Password Teams and 1Password Families to all of our Windows users. Today, we’re ready to tell you more about it and invite you to try it out. If you’re using 1Password 4 and are syncing using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync, sit tight for a future release which will have full OPVault and AgileKeychain support.
We love Windows 10. 1Password for Windows 10 beta was one of the earliest apps in the Windows Store using Microsoft’s newest app development platform, and we’re really excited about Windows 10 being active on over 200 million devices. But 47% of Windows users are still using Windows 7, and they weren’t able to use the new 1Password app, which made everyone very sad.
We wanted to bring 1Password Teams and 1Password Families to everyone. We wanted to make a beautiful app that offers a design and experience consistent with our other 1Password apps. We wanted to easily add features to the app without being limited by platform restrictions. Most of all, we wanted to benefit from all the hard work we put into 1Password beta for Windows 10. So, after many highly caffeinated days and lots of new code, we made an app that can be used by almost all Windows users.
Introducing 1Password 6
1Password 6 is our newest Windows app and we can’t wait for you to take it for a spin! If you are running Windows 7, 8, or 10, you can download the beta today.
1Password 6 includes many fantastic features you’re going to love, such as:
- A beautiful new design with High-DPI support now out of the box.
- Support for 1Password Families and 1Password Teams.
- Support for multiple vaults and the handy All Vaults view.
- Basic support for browser extensions.
- Out-of-the-box support for screen readers like Narrator.
- Unicode support, enabling us to translate 1Password into Chinese, Russian, and other languages.
- Import existing data from OPVault or AgileKeychain formats (read-only).
- Large Type, for easily viewing passwords.
Download 1Password 6 beta
To get started using your 1Password Family or Teams account with the beta of 1Password 6, all you need is Windows 7, 8, or 10, and .NET 4.6.
If you’re not subscribed to one of our subscription services, we do not suggest trying 1Password 6 just yet. Full OPVault and AgileKeychain support will be coming later in the year and we’ll have another announcement when we’re ready for you.
Our target is to officially release the stable version of 1Password 6 in August. Here are the main things remaining to reach that goal:
- Improved browser extension integration
- Increase stability and reliability
- Polish the app’s design, and turn up the pretty
We’re really proud of the beta but we also know we have a long ways to go. Please share your feedback to help us prioritize what we have left to do before the official release. Please share your thoughts with us in the 1Password beta for Windows forum. Together, we’ll make this the best version of 1Password for Windows ever!