1Password for Teams Launch!

I introduced 1Password Teams back in November when it first entered beta. It has been an incredible ride and we’ve had over 130 releases since launch. We even released a sister service for families aptly named 1Password Families.

Today I’m super stoked to announce that the beta has completed and 1Password Teams is now officially released!

To celebrate we are launching with a special deal.

1Password Teams Pricing

1Password Teams Pricing

You can’t have a special launch deal without special pricing, so let’s start there! :)

1Password Teams Pricing

You’ll see that we have two plans available. The Standard plan gives you everything you need to secure and manage your team, while Pro is designed for teams with advanced business needs.

Earl’s Early Deal

Earl the Early Adopter otter

Earl is our Early adopter otter and has a special plan for all of you who subscribe by July 31st. With Earl you will receive all the Pro features for the low price of the Standard plan.

Once you create your team you will be able to subscribe to the Pro plan and get all the extra features for the Standard price.

The best part is that once you’re subscribed, you’ll lock in Earl and his special pricing forever. Even new teammates you add later will get the same deal!

Award Winning Apps

1Password Teams Vault Selector

Your 1Password Teams subscription includes all the 1Password apps for you and your entire team.

We have already added support for 1Password Teams to our Mac, iOS, and Android apps. You can add all your 1Password Accounts to have easy access to your data on all your devices.

1Password will also enforce the permissions that you configured for your team. For example, you can define Read-only vaults so team members who need access to something can have it without you worrying about unexpected changes.

As great as all this is, Windows users will want to know when they can play as well.

1Password Teams for Windows

1Password 6 for Windows 10 has been in beta for a few months now with support for 1Password Teams and 1Password Families.

We are getting closer to the final release and the latest beta has added support for Windows 7 and 8, along with browser extensions.

1Password 6 sports a beautiful new design and much improved accessibility! There’s a lot to love here so I invite you to read more about it:

1Password 6 for Windows enters beta testing

1Password 6 will be released for Windows in August of this year for 1Password Teams and 1Password Families subscribers. Support for AgileKeychain and OPVault will come later in the year.

Even though 1Password 6 for Windows is not ready for the official launch party, the good news is that Earl’s special will be available for all teams created by July 31st.

Whether you’re a team of 2, 20, or 200, 1Password Teams is the 1Password flavour you’ve been waiting for. Sign up your team today for a free 30-day trial and taste it for yourself.

It takes just a few minutes to set up and after using it for a few weeks you and your team will wonder how you ever lived without it. I know I certainly feel that way :)

Thanks Jonathan! We’re pretty happy with this launch, too :)

We’re getting closer to full support for the Chrome extension on Windows. We have it already on Mac but it’s taken longer on Windows. We’ll get there soon I hope :)

1. Johnathon Sullinger
    Johnathon Sullinger says:

I’ve had a team since the beta and noticed under my billing options that I only have two choices, $5/mo or $48 annually. The Pro/Standard tiers are not available for me to choose form. Is the Pro pricing at $4 only available for new teams, not including those that were part of the beta?

• Johnathon Sullinger
      Johnathon Sullinger says:

Sorry, it looks like I’m actually using the 1Password for Families plan. Not the 1Password for Teams. Is there any difference between the two, other than storage/number of users?

You’re right Johnathon, you’re using 1Password Families and that is why you see different options within your Billing page than what you see on the pricing page I linked to in the article.

As for functionality, there’s quite a few differences between 1Password Families and 1Password Teams. In addition to the ones you mentioned, Teams have more advanced admin tools and allow for fine-tuned permissions. Teams are also permitted for personal and corporate use while Families is only available for personal use.

I hope that helps!

2. jonathanfontes
    jonathanfontes says:

Hi, i’m i paid user and happy one. But my team can’t use this at work because we are linux fan boys. And we hate to use “Wine”ish programs. We like native felling. Maybe you considering use electron? i don’t know. ;)

Anyway, great, great, great app!

3. Dave Teare

Thanks so much for the awesome kind words, Jonathan! It’s always great to hear from fantastic customers like you :)

We have some thoughts on Linux and we hope to be able to turn these thoughts into reality in the future. There’s quite a lot of other things on our plates at the moment but keep an eye out here for future announcements as this will be one of the first places to know.

• Johnathon Sullinger
      Johnathon Sullinger says:

Yeah makes total sense. It’s just my wife and I using it so we don’t need all that functionality. I completely forgot Families existed to be honest. 1 Password does a great job of getting those details out of my way and letting me just use the app. Hats off!

Thanks again, Jonathon!

You made me smile just before I went to bed, and now you made me smile first thing in the morning. You’re good at this :)

4. Baron Chandler
    Baron Chandler says:

Y’know, it’s funny. A few years ago, I would tell people “I don’t know my password.” and they were always stunned that a nerd wouldn’t know his password. I explained that it was 1password, yadda yadda yadda, random generated, 20-30 characters, blah blah blah…. And they thought it was neat, but really nerdy, and overly paranoid. Now, with hacks all over the news, etc. they don’t think I’m so crazy. But the best part is when we start talking about some event and people are like “Nah, I use 1password.” I just smile and nod in total understanding and agreement.

That’s an awesome story, Baron! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

You’re totally right, strong and unique passwords are finally starting to catch on in the mainstream. With any luck that trend will continue as a lot of people still have horrible password hygiene. Thank you for helping us help them, one password at a time :)

That’s a bit too deep for me, James. I looked up “sub” in the dictionary and found submarine, substitute, and subscription. Afterwards I was no further ahead!

Would you mind elaborating? :)

5. Luis
    Luis says:

My email.1password is currently registered to a family plan. How would I be able to use the same email for a team plan?

Good morning Luis,

Thanks for asking and giving me a chance to help :)

You are free to use the same email address to sign up to as many Teams and Families accounts as you wish. The only thing that must be unique is the Sign-in Address.

I hope that helps!

Hi Bob,

Thanks for reaching out and giving me a chance to help.

I’m not sure I’m following you 100% as 1Password should automatically update itself. Do you have a super old version of 1Password install? In any event, I suspect we’ll need to dig a lot deeper to see what’s going on so I’d love it if you could email our support team at support@agilebits.com with your question along with more information. The more details you include the quicker my team will be able to help you. Things like which OS and version you’re using, the error message that you’re seeing, and a screenshot would go a long way to getting this resolved.

Please send that email and we’ll be happy to get everything sorted out :)

6. Omer
    Omer says:

I’ve been waiting for this. Just signed up our team for 1Password for Teams.
    However, one question remains – how can I have both my team account and personal account on the same device?

• Omer
      Omer says:

Thanks, Dave. Too bad this feature requires Android 5+ which I (and most of the world) don’t have installed… :/

Hi Omer!

You’re right, it would be awesome if we could support more versions of Android. I explained why we made the decision to make Android 5 our requirement for 1Password Teams and Families in this discussion forum thread:

1Password Teams features not available to non-Lollipop versions

While I would love to have support for older versions of Android, it is a very large undertaking and will take our focus away from several key features we’re working on. It’s a delicate balance but I would prefer focusing on the future, especially as Android is moving forward fast and we need to keep up :)

• nik
      nik says:

Hi, Dai! Thanks for trying out 1Password 6 beta for Windows and for your question. Support for adding Documents hasn’t been added yet, but it’s definitely on our roadmap. I hope that you are otherwise enjoying putting the beta through its paces. Thanks for letting us know which features are important to you, and have a great day. =)