Introducing our new 1Password subscription service — get 6 months free!

Today is a very exciting day in the world of passwords! We have not one, not two, but three(!) incredible things to announce:

1. An awesome new state-of-the-art hosted service to protect you and your data
  2. The most affordable way to purchase 1Password on all your devices
  3. A launch special that’s so amazing it’s kinda scary

Read on to see why this is the best time to try 1Password and start protecting yourself online. ?

A new, revolutionary hosted service

hosted-service

Earlier this year, we released two amazing new services: 1Password Families and 1Password Teams. Both rely on our new hosted platform to bring awesome new features that weren’t possible when 1Password was just a standalone app.

The response has been amazing and many of you asked for a special plan so you could also enjoy these benefits. We now have the perfect answer: our new service made for individuals!

Our new individual hosted service comes with everything you expect from 1Password, along with these new features:

• Built-in automatic sync across all devices
  • Data loss protection
  • Web access to your data on 1Password.com
  • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items
  • Secure Document storage
  • Brand new multi-factor security model

Using our new service provides the simplest and most feature-packed way to use 1Password. And with our new purchase option, it’s easier than ever to get started.

Our new super-affordable plan

To get the benefits of our new hosted service, you simply need to subscribe to our new plan on 1Password.com.

In addition to all the new features, the biggest benefit of a 1Password subscription is that you get all the 1Password apps for every platform, along with Pro Features, free updates, and free upgrades to every new version of 1Password.

One of the things people love most about our Families and Teams plans is not needing to worry about licenses or paid upgrades. And with our new plan for individuals, everyone can get in on the fun.

At just $2.99 a month, it’s the simplest and most affordable way to start using 1Password. See our pricing page for full details.

Oh, and our subscription service will never lock you in! You can cancel at any time and if your subscription ever lapses, you will still be able to view and export all your data.

An amazing (and scary!) launch special

1Password Accounts launch special

It’s no fun having a launch without having a special launch special so we went looking for one and we found a doozy!

Sign up today and receive your first 6 months free! No ifs, ands, or buts (or ads!). There’s no fine print and no strings attached. You don’t even need to add your credit card to get this amazing deal!

To get in on this incredible deal, all you need to do is sign up for an individual 1Password account before September 21st, 2016.

Sign up for your 1Password account now

Given how excited we are, you might be wondering why this is a little bit scary for us as well. The thing is, we’re a 100% customer-funded company and have refused to accept any venture capital money. As such it’s scary to give away our one and only product.

But we’re more excited than scared as we really want everyone to try out our new service and see how awesome it is. So sign up now, before Fall falls ?

Security and Privacy

Secure Foundation

We built 1Password from the start on a foundation of Security and Privacy, and our new 1Password accounts have once again taken things to the next level.

First and foremost, our end-to-end encryption security model ensures all your information is encrypted before it ever leaves your device. The encryption keys are only accessible to you so we are never able to decrypt any of your data.

Your Master Password (which only you know) is a key player in this encryption, but 1Password accounts also come with a new concept called the Account Key to make our encryption even stronger.

The Account Key is a randomly generated 128-bit key that is used in combination with your Master Password to encrypt your data using tamper-proof, authenticated 256 bit AES encryption.

Only you have your Account Key and like your Master Password it never leaves your devices. Along with your Master Password this ensures that no one but you will be able to access your 1Password data.

See our security page for details and all the things we did beyond just enabling TLS/SSL (we did that, too, by the way ?).

Great for new and long-time users alike

1Password Accounts - great for new and long-time users alike

If you know anyone who’s not practicing safe passwords, now is a great time to introduce them to 1Password!

Simply link your friends to the signup page and gently remind them how important it is to use strong, unique passwords for every site:

Sign up now and get 6 months free

If you are a long-time user but don’t own 1Password for all your devices, haven’t upgraded to the newest version, or if you want to take advantage of the new features in our hosted service, now’s the perfect time to sign up.

After signing up you’ll be able to easily migrate your existing data over to your new 1Password account. We have a great guide along with a video that walks you through the process.

This launch special is too good to leave running for long so I needed to pick a cutoff date. Be sure to sign up before September 21st to get this awesome deal!

I hope you and your friends love our new 1Password hosted service as much as we loved making it for you. ?

« Older Comments

Good morning Courtney!

There is no room for bad news on a glorious day like today, so please allow me to spread the good news and sunshine ☀️ ?

The great news is we support both subscriptions and licenses so you can pick the one that works best for you. You already have a license so you’re more than welcome to continue using it. We’re not forcing you to switch to our hosted service.

There is a long standing religious debate in the software industry about whether licenses or subscriptions are better. I’m happy to avoid the debate entirely and simply support both! Both can live long and prosper ?

Take care Courtney, I hope I was able to make your day a little brighter ?

1. Douglas Johnson
    Douglas Johnson says:

You write: “Now as great as the Master Password is, we wanted to go further so we introduced a unique feature called the Account Key. This is a unique key that is generated for every 1Password account and it is used in conjunction with your Master Password to derive an encryption key locally on your device (be it web browser or native app), and this key is used to decrypt your information. Neither your Master Password or Account Key, nor the encryption key and decrypted information ever leave your device.

The Account Key is basically a second factor that is included within the encryption process itself, so it cannot be evaded, intercepted, or reset. This is why we often refer to the Account Key as being Better Than Two Factor ?”

Let me attempt to translate some of this and you can tell me if I’m right. I got confused with the words “derive an encryption key.” Are you saying: “For our users, 1Password will continue to function as it always has and you won’t notice any difference. But behind the scenes there are now two locks and two keys on all your websites: (1) There’s the key you turn when you enter your existing Master Password; and (2) There’s the key that your computer/tablet/phone turns when it verifies that the device where your Master Password is being entered is a device you actually own, and not some bad guy’s computer.” Is that what you are saying?

Good morning, Douglas.

I’m sorry for the late reply – I’ve been travelling and didn’t have a chance to reply to you earlier. You are talking about one of my favourite topics so I hope you’re still interested in discussing it ?

In many ways your analogy about the Account Key is correct and gets the job done just fine, but there are a few parts that abstract reality too far so I’m going to ramble on about how the process works underneath the covers and see if we can meet in the middle.

First, there are technically many keys used to protect your data but for the purposes of this discussion there is only one single “key” that we care about. This key is never stored or written down anywhere as that would make it easy to steal. Instead, we create this key by performing a sequence of operations on your Master Password and Account Key. These are two secrets that only you and your devices know, and we derive the encryption key from them.

The way I like to think about this process is each time I add a device I first need to authorize it before it will be allowed to download any information from the server. The Account Key allows us to do this in a really cool way as there is no way to trick the server. Since the Account Key is never sent to the server and is combined with your Master Password, there is no way to authorize a new device unless you know both.

Now of course remembering the Account Key is very difficult as it is completely random information so we don’t expect you to do that. Instead, each device remembers the Account Key for you once it is authorized. This way you simply need to enter your Master Password to unlock 1Password.

So mapping this back to your analogy, we can’t say there are two locks as there is “only” one encryption key. Instead, we could think about it as a single lock, a special lock which requires two secrets to open. Your authorized devices know one of the secrets (the Account Key is “something you have”) and you memorize the other (the Master Password is “something you know”). Only someone who knows what you know and has what you have will be able to open this special lock.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit. The problem with analogies is it’s easy to get the wrong impression about how things actually work, but they can be a great learning aide to get you started. If you’re curious, be sure to check out our incredible White Paper that goes into great detail on how everything works underneath the covers:

Take care and please let me know how else I can help ?

2. Ken
    Ken says:

After doing extensive reading on the subject of password managers I was all set to purchase 1Password, only to find that the one-time purchase price has been replaced by a subscription model. Sorry, but this is a stone cold dealbreaker. I empathise with paying customers who object to having a subscription teet artificially grafted onto their wallets. If AgileBits decides to at least offer a choice, I will reconsider.

Cheers.

Hi Ken,

There’s nothing artificial about our subscription offering as it unlocks some pretty cool features, especially for Teams and Families. But if subscriptions are not your cup of tea that’s totally cool as we still sell licenses the good ‘ol fashioned way.

If you’re like to purchase a license you can do so from our store:

Some people love subscriptions. Others prefer licenses. I’m happy that we can offer both ?

Take care, and Happy Halloween! ?

3. munur
    munur says:

So, I’ve been using 1Password for a long time. I find it quite expensive, having to fork out around usd 70 every time there is a “major” upgrade. Anyway, I did just that earlier today. Does this not mean that I can access 1password.com and my passwords there? Would this be a seperate subscription? That would be pretty bad I think.

Hello Munur, thanks for sharing your feelings with us.

First, I’m curious why you think you need to pay $70 USD for every major upgrade. For one thing, we have discounts for existing paid license holders, and for another thing, we rarely have paid upgrades. Indeed the official policy is each major version will require an upgrade fee, but we haven’t had a paid upgrade in many years. Those with a 1Password 4 license have received both versions 5 and 6 for free, and many 1Password 3 license holders received a free upgrade to version 4, depending on when they purchased. That’s not to say that all upgrades will be free (they won’t be), but when I read your message it sounded like you’ve paid the full price for many versions and that’s simply not required. If you have, please contact us at sales@1password.com and we’ll see if we can get you a refund.

Now, as for access to 1Password.com, indeed you do require a subscription in order to use our web service and to enjoy the other benefits offered by our hosted service. Some people prefer buying licenses for the standalone version of 1Password, and that’s all fine and good, but in order to access the additional features of our new service you will need to subscribe.

By the sounds of things you just purchased your license so we should be able to switch you over to a subscription without much effort and give you a credit. Please contact us at that sales address I mentioned earlier and we’ll be happy to show you how to move over.

I hope that helps clear things up. Take care and enjoy the rest of your Christmas weekend! ?

4. J. Austin
    J. Austin says:

I would love to begin using 1Password …. and it works great on my wife’s Mac. But I’m on Linux (Linux Mint / Ubuntu / Debian) and your browser plug-in for Firefox doesn’t work when installed under Linux. So sad, I would love to sign up for your family plan. But having it only on my mobile device and not on my desktop computer makes that impossible as I do most of my work on my desktop. And at some point my wife too will be transitioning from Mac to Linux Mint. Please look into making this Linux friendly. Thanks.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. You’re right, a Linux version of 1Password would be a fabulous addition to our app lineup. I recently got a Dell XPS running Ubuntu and it would be lovely to be able to use 1Password there without relying entirely on the web app. The web app is great for copying a password here and there, but for logging into websites it’s not that convenient.

I don’t have any dates to share with you but Linux is certainly on our wish list. Santa didn’t deliver it to us this year but I’m hoping his elves have more luck for us next year ?

5. Alfredo Jahn
    Alfredo Jahn says:

I’ve been a long time 1Password user. I love the product. I am very upset to hear that you are moving to a subscription service. I hate subscription services. I currently have 1Password 6 on my iMac running El Capitan. I also have an older version on my macbook (running Mavericks). I even bought versions for my Windows PC at work. I hope you reconsider this subscription model. I want to own my software, not RENT it. This is very troubling… I feel like now that I’m locked in to using 1Password, I will be forced to go to a subscription model. I realize I can keep using what I have for now, but I’m not looking forward to the future if it requires a monthly payment forever… Thanks for listening

Hello Alfredo,

I’m sorry it took me so long to reply to your comment here. Last week was a crazy week and your message got buried under an avalanche of other comments. Thankfully one of those other comments included one of yours that I just finished replying to. ?

I’m going to repost my reply here to your other comment as both your messages were in regards to 1Password memberships and your preference to stick with standalone licenses.

Thank you so much for sharing a piece of your mind with us.

Let me start with your last point first and then circle back to your first, and then we’ll circle back again to the end again. It will be like a Quinten Tarantino movie ?

Using 1Password with your family is a great idea and makes so many things more convenient (not to mention secure!). I’m guessing you are using Dropbox and set up a few shared folders so you could keep things organized and available to those who need each one.

This is cool and you’re right that 1Password Families is much different. But it’s different for different reasons than you thought. First and foremost, everyone in your family gets their own Personal vault of their very own. They don’t need to share anything at all if they don’t want to, but with 1Password Families, things are so easy that you and your entire family will want to. ?

With Dropbox it was possible to setup shared folders and sync secondary vaults that way, but there were several challenges. First, you needed to set up a shared folder to make this happen. You sound pretty technical so you’re more than likely fine in this department, but most people are not very technical and find this process difficult at best and confusing/impossible at worse. Once you have Dropbox ready and set up on everyones machines, you then needed to create, store, and share the Master Password for your shared vault with everyone who needed it. This is not a simple task as there’s no central server to securely exchange this information. So you’re forced to type it in for them or call them if they’re living somewhere else.

Once your family member you are sharing with has accepted your Dropbox share, added the new vault to 1Password, and entered the (new and different) Master Password for the secondary vault you shared with them, they can finally access the items in that vault.

The unfortunate part is they are not done yet as they’ve only completed setup for one vault on one device. They will need to repeat the process on all their devices and for each vault that you want to share with them. And then they will need to do it again every time a new device is added.

This is so cumbersome that most people try their best to minimize the number of secondary vaults they have, even when they could benefit from having more vaults. And quite frankly, this has confused so many users that we have removed these setup instructions from the user guide entirely.

Things are much different with 1Password Families: you simply go into your Admin Console, create a new vault, and then select who has access to that vault. There’s nothing else for you to do as 1Password will automatically take care of securely sharing the encryption keys for that vault with everyone who’s authorized using public/private key cryptography (each member of of your family has their own public + private key generated for them when they create their account) and a push notification will be sent to each of their devices letting them know there is a new vault available. The end result is the new vault will automatically appear on all their devices without them needing to lift a finger.

This drastic simplification takes a huge chore and makes it completely painless. In the olden days I had a few secondary vaults on Dropbox and was happy to set them up the first time. Then as more and more of the team created and shared vaults with me it became a lot less fun and I eventually just stopped adding the vaults to my devices. With Families and Teams, all I need to do is log in and I’m done.

And in this new world setting up vault sharing is not just easier, it’s more flexible and powerful as well. In addition to configuring who has access to a vault, you can also configure what they can do with the vault as well. For example, you could set up a vault where you have full access and those you share with only have read-only access. This is great for sharing passwords with kids so you can ensure they have access to what they need while also having good protections in place to make sure they don’t change anything they shouldn’t.

The other big change at the technical level is the concept of Account Recovery. In the standalone edition of 1Password, if someone in your family forgets their Master Password, there’s nothing you can do to help them. 1Password uses true security to ensure that no one can access your data unless they know the Master Password. If the Master Password is forgotten, all you can do is start from scratch and reenter all your information.

With 1Password Families, we (AgileBits) still can’t do anything to help your family members recover their data, but you can! As the Family Organizer, you’re able to use Account Recovery to restore your family members access to any vaults and items that they had access to before they forgot their Master Password. And we’ve done things in such a way that the contents of their Personal vault stays personal during this process. In other words, you’re able to restore their access without being able to see all their personal items. It’s a really cool feature that uses some awesome encryption gymnastics to make it happen. If you’re in to that type of thing, check out our detailed White Paper for details.

Those are the biggest changes at a technical level, but there are a lot of features that we’ve been able to build on top of this new foundation as well.

Data loss protection is one of them. Since 1Password.com is the single source of truth, we’re able to do many things to ensure your family never lose their data. There are no files or folders that can be accidentally deleted, so you need not worry about your data disappearing. And everything is always synced, so losing your phone or having your computer crash is a lot less stressful then it would be otherwise.

Another extension of this new design is Item History. In Families, we not only store the latest copy of each of your items; we also keep a history of every change made over the last year. This allows you to go back in time and restore a previous version of any item if you or anyone in your family accidentally changes or deletes an item.

Web access is another great feature of the new approach taken in 1Password Families. In addition to all the 1Password apps we have for each platform, you’re able to access all your data from within a web browser. This is great for using 1Password on older systems that aren’t supported by the apps, using on Linux or other servers where you don’t want to install additional software, and for seeing the history for items and restoring previous versions if needed.

I think that’s a good start to show why we’re so excited about 1Password Families, and how in many ways it is a different product entirely. Sure it’s still 1Password, but our Families memberships unlock a whole new wealth of features, flexibility, and simplicity.

I’m hoping I’ve convinced you that things really are a lot different with 1Password memberships and the story can end here, but I promised a Tarantino movie so let’s jump back to your first point now. ?

You asked “why not?” have both 1Password memberships and standalone licenses at the same time. Certainly you’re right that I don’t want to do anything to piss off our long time customers. And that’s exactly why we’re rolling out 1Password memberships exactly the way we are. You can purchase a standalone license today just like you could last week. We just changed things on the Mac App Store from purchasing before downloading (which caused a ton of confusion from 1Password members who expected it to be a free download since they already subscribed) to an In App Purchase.

In many ways it would have been much simpler to simply kill licenses outright but we didn’t do this as we didn’t want to rock the boat too much and we do indeed love our customers. Without you we wouldn’t be where we are today and I certainly wouldn’t have been able to spend the last 11 years working at my dream job.

The thing is, this “not rocking the boat” approach has a large drawback it seems. Since we didn’t make a huge change a lot of people think of 1Password memberships as simply another way to sync your 1Password data. This simply isn’t true. Our 1Password memberships represent a complete change in architecture that has unlocked many new features.

Like we saw earlier, unlike Dropbox and iCloud, our 1Password memberships provide a single source of truth that allow us to greatly simplify things. This allows us the ability to add documents from iOS, easier conflict resolution, and data loss protection. The last one is very tricky with Dropbox and iCloud as it’s unclear what we should do if all your files on Dropbox or iCloud disappear. Was it an accident or was it on purpose? And there’s the web access and Item History we talked about as well.

So this is one of the big “why nots” – 1Password memberships are so different than the standalone version of 1Password that it makes things quite difficult to talk about. I need to either not talk about the awesome new features to avoid confusion or throw caution to the wind and confuse people when they go looking for a cool feature that simply doesn’t exist in their setup.

Another “why not” is support. By having so many options I greatly complicate things for our support team. My entire team needs to know about all the various sync solutions out there and how to troubleshoot them and help resolve customer confusion when they think they have a membership but they really had a license from years ago.

Speaking of licenses, pricing 1Password as “per person, per platform, with paid upgrades to major new versions” was always a mouthful to say and even harder for customers to understand. And the paid upgrades were terrifying as the App Stores have zero support for paid upgrades so we would be forced to remove the old version and upload a completely new app. By doing so we’d lose all our reviews, confuse customers, and be unable to provide any discounts to existing customers which would anger them and make us look like bad guys. It really is a terrifying prospect and it’s one of the main reasons we haven’t had a single paid upgrade since 2011. This is unsustainable for a business that has no Venture Capital money and doesn’t sell ads. I don’t want to sell ads and I would like to keep turning the offers of money from VCs down so I’m very happy with that last part, but the unsustainable part is problematic to say the least. I love what I do and I need AgileBits to be sustainable as much as our customers do.

Oh, and of course, the other “why not” are all those features that are now possible in Families and Teams that weren’t possible before.

So we have a ton of very powerful “why nots” and so I suspect one day we will indeed embrace 1Password memberships fully. But that day is not today. We need to prove to our awesome users who have supported us all these years that 1Password memberships are indeed the best way to use 1Password and make them excited to sign up.

Anyway, long story short, I think 1Password Families is right up your ally and I believe you’ll love it as much as I do. You can try it for free with our 30 day free trial and see for yourself.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your week! ?

Hi Šimon, ?

I just replied to your other comment in my most recent post about 1Password 6.6 for Mac. I’m going to repost my answer here for the sake of completeness.

This is an interesting question. I don’t think I can say anything about the future with 100% certainty. For one thing I might be abducted by aliens tomorrow and not be around to make sure my promises are carried out. ?

In all seriousness, I’m really not being cheeky here. Life happens and often takes us in unexpected directions.

This reminds me of a promise I made almost a decade ago now where I said 1Password would add WebDAV sync so we could sync with MobileMe. I made this promise after we had a working prototype of 1Password syncing internally with WebDAV so I felt this was an easy enough promise to keep.

Then life happened. Jack was born and I simply didn’t have time to finish the rest of the WebDAV project (the last 20% tends to require 80% of the work) while juggling two kids under 3 and taking care of the day-to-day operations of a multinational company with millions of users.

Long story short, after a year or so I had to eat my hat and admit defeat as we just didn’t have time to complete development of that feature. In the end it turned out pretty well as soon afterwards Steve Jobs stood up on stage and declared MobileMe was dead and the world moved on. Still, I learned an important lesson that day and have never forgotten.

So no, I will not promise that 1Password 7 or 8 will allow licenses to be used instead of memberships. These releases are too far in the future to make any promises about.

Now that I rambled on about what I can’t say, let’s talk about what I can say. ? Let’s take a look at some history as that’s not going change so it’s easy to talk authoritatively about it.

Fist of all we always try our best to help customers when they need help regardless of what version of 1Password they are using or how they purchased it. To this day we still get questions about 1Password 3 and we answer them and take care of our users. Sure we nudge them that it’s time to upgrade, but some customers are rocking older versions of macOS Mac OS X and simply cannot update.

We’ll do the same with licenses. No matter which way the cookie crumbles we’re going to support users and help them through their questions.

The other bit of history we can look at is how we’ve rolled 1Password memberships out to the world. It would have been much easier to simply kill licenses outright and make memberships as the only way to use 1Password. It would have saved countless hours of development and design, not to mention documentation and greatly simplified support.

You can see a lot of this complexity at play in this release as well. Underneath the More Options button on the setup screen screenshot I included in this post you will find the ability to create a standalone local vault. A lot of effort went into keeping this ability within the app alongside memberships, and in fact this was why I announced this at the end of February instead of the beginning of January. I know this for certain as not only did we need to code this but we then ended up spending weeks in App Review because we have a unique model that no other app has.

We wouldn’t be here without people like you so we are doing our best to not rock the boat too much and instead entice you to create your 1Password membership. As my mom always told me, you get more people at the dinner table when dessert is ready. ? As such we’ll continue rolling forward with 1Password memberships and keep licenses around for as long as we can.

I know that doesn’t answer your question exactly but I hope it gets close enough to give you some comfort.

Take care and thank you for your support! We really wouldn’t be here without you. ❤️

• Alfredo Jahn
      Alfredo Jahn says:

Dave, I realize you can’t promise that future versions will still allow both stand alone and subscription. But let me just give you a small piece of my mind. I’ve looked at the subscription and it looks interesting, but for me, it doesn’t make sense, and if forced to, I would be very upset. I see no reason why you can’t offer both options. Keep your long term customers happy. As they say, the customer is always right :-) But honestly, why not? For those who find the subscription option useful, they can go that way. For those like me and my family, I like the stand alone licence. Just keep that in mind going forward. More options are always better. I share my single user license with my family (3 of us). This allows each of us to use a separate database (different passwords, etc.). From what I can tell, the subscription version uses the same database, so that would not work well for me. Thanks for listening. I am a long time customer. Keep me happy and I’ll always be a customer.

Hello Alfredo,

Thank you so much for sharing a piece of your mind with us.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your week! ?

6. Lesley
    Lesley says:

Hi, I too have had 1 password for years and have been very happy with it. I’m using an iPad and I am now receiving messages from the1 PW app that it will not work with newer versions of IOS and I need to upgrade. So much for your reassurances that the app will keep working, which turns out not to be the case apparently. I feel like you are forcing customers with this move onto a subscription service, the cost of which will certainly mount up over the years. Unless there is an alternative with your company that I am not aware of, I will be looking for an alternative password manager.

• Kate Sebald
      Kate Sebald says:

Hey Lesley! If you’re using an older version of the 1Password app, you may be getting this message because Apple is planning to make some changes that will cause this older version to stop working properly. We do our best to keep the 1Password apps working as long as possible, but as technology evolves there comes a point where we can no longer adapt old apps to new systems.

While this does mean you’ll need to upgrade, upgrading doesn’t require that you switch to a subscription. While 1Password.com accounts come with a lot of cool benefits, we know they aren’t for everybody and you’re welcome to upgrade to the latest and greatest of 1Password on iOS without paying for a subscription or losing any of the data you’ve already saved. Depending on what version you’re coming from, this can be a bit of a difficult process, so if you can e-mail us at support@agilebits.com, we’ll help get you upgraded with no subscription required.

7. Robin
    Robin says:

I don’t get it … I just bought a new computer and now I cannot attach my paid-for 1Password account to the new 1Password6 application. I don’t want a subscription, I already paid.

What do I need to do to connect my existing 1Password password database to this new computer?

• Kate Sebald
      Kate Sebald says:

Hey Robin! The answer to this question depends a lot on how you’ve been using 1Password — whether setting up a Mac or PC, how you’re syncing your 1Password vault, among other things — and is a tough one to work out in the blog comments. I went ahead and sent you an e-mail with a few questions that will help me get you instructions to get set up. Get back to me when you get the chance and I’ll be happy to guide you along. :)

• Jacob
      Jacob says:

Hey Josef!

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry there’s a bit of confusion about subscriptions and things. With a 1Password account, passwords and vaults are friends, whether your subscription is active or your account is frozen. Your data is always yours. 🙂 And if you’re happy with the way you use 1Password right now, feel free to keep using it that way. If you’re looking for automatic sync, all the 1Password apps, convenient access to all your passwords wherever you are, and other goodies, take a 1Password account for a spin. It’s free for 30 days, and we’d love to hear what you think. Cheers mate!

« Older Comments