Family Day Special

Secure Your Whole Family with Our Special Family Day Special!

Happy Family Day week, everyone!

photosEvery year around Valentine’s Day we celebrate Family Day here in Canada. It’s a wonderful chance to spend some extra time with our families and harvest maple syrup. 🍁

And with the turkey hangover from the holidays long gone, it’s a great time to cook up a lovely family feast. After all, it’s important to keep our weight up so we can stay warm during the cold winter 🙂

No family gathering would be complete without our customers so we wanted to do something special for you and your family. So from our family to yours, we’re having a special 1Password Families celebration!

Special Family Day Special!

double-the-famWe introduced 1Password Families exactly one year ago today and it’s been awesome to see all the families who have signed up.

With 1Password Families, everyone in your entire family gets the security and convenience of 1Password. This includes free upgrades and access to 1Password everywhere, including Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. And you get all of this for only $5 a month for a family of 5.

I was trying to decide how to make this even more special for our Special Family Day Special and I thought of the perfect thing. While inviting my family over for dinner I realized that 5 people is not always enough.

To celebrate Family Day, everyone who signs up their family this week will get an additional 5 family members for free! You can start by signing up here:

Special Family Day Special

maple-ham

Oh, and by the way, we’re also throwing in twice the storage! If you like ham and maple syrup as much as I do, you’ll wish your jeans had as much storage space as your 1Password account! 😉

What is 1Password Families?

Quite simply, 1Password Families is the best way to protect your entire family. With your membership everyone in your family gets everything they need to stay safe online and preserve their privacy, including:

• Their own vault for storing their personal items and passwords
  • All the 1Password apps, including Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android
  • Free upgrades to every new version
  • Item History for restoring accidentally deleted or changed items
  • 1 GB 2 GB of Secure Document storage

And since we take care of everything for you, every account has built-in data loss protection. There’s no need to worry about losing everything to accidental file deletion or leaving your laptop in the oven1.

securely-shareAs great as these benefits are, where 1Password Families really shines is how it allows you to work together as a family. Together your family can:

• Invite additional family members quickly and easily
  • Create additional vaults to keep things organized
  • Share passwords & documents with each other securely
  • Manage exactly who can see and modify individual vault contents
  • Restore access for locked out family members using Account Recovery

These features allow you to be stronger together, just like any loving family.

As you can see, 1Password Families really is the best way to use 1Password with your entire family. And you don’t all need to live at the same household to enjoy these benefits. As great as having family over can be, it’s also nice to have your own space. 🙂

To get all these features and start protecting your entire family, sign up here:

Oh, and if you’re already using 1Password, you can easily move your existing items into your new 1Password Families account, so there’s no need to worry there.

Whether you celebrate Family Day or not, take care and have a wonderful week with your family. And don’t forget the maple syrup.

🇨🇦 ❤️

1. True story. My friend thought the oven was a great place to hide their laptop. It was found after preheating the oven.
  1. Dave Teare

Fun fact: I spent most of my Family Day holiday long weekend making sure 1Password ran smoothly on macOS. If you’re having any troubles using 1Password on Mac, please be sure to see our guide on how to upgrade to the latest version of 1Password.

It wasn’t my ideal weekend as I needed to skip out on some family festivities, but I’m a geek and love being in the thick of things, so all in all it was good weekend. It certainly was great seeing our AgileBits family all together on Saturday getting things sorted out. Even if there was no maple syrup or ham involved 😃

Take care, ❤️

• Tom Sullivan
      Tom Sullivan says:

Thanks for the work there Dave and everyone else who helped out. Just curious but with the old standalone app I don’t remember having to put in my admin password it was just drag and drop no installer right? If so just curious to why the change.

Hey Tom,

Requiring your admin password during installation is a relatively new change in 1Password. I forget the specifics off the top of my head, but we needed to change the installation process to be compatible with the new App Translocation feature in macOS 10.12.

I’m not a fan of prompting for your password and hope we can remove this dependancy in a future update.

Hi Urban! 👋

Great question! I set up this Special Family Day Special specifically because I wanted people to feel special and to have an extra special Family Day week. If I said “no” you wouldn’t feel special, and that would wreck the whole point of this special. So I think I have no choice but to say yes. 🙂

Please write in to our team at sales@1password.com with your family account information and they will add these perks to your account. Note that we’re pretty busy at the moment so it will take them longer than usual to get back to you.

Take care and have a special day! Yes, I really do like the word “special” 😉

Hi Jeff,

Good question! Sorry I wasn’t able to answer earlier.

This won’t happen automatically, no. But as I was just telling Urban above, I wanted this to be a special holiday for families so I’d hate to say no and leave you feeling non-special. If you write to us at sales@1password.com and include your family account information, we’ll get you hooked up.

• Jeff
      Jeff says:

Nice thing to do. I do feel special.

And, I strongly recommend to all families. I use for me, spouse,, my kids and aging parents. It works perfectly. All very pleased.

Awesome! Thanks so much, Jeff! It’s awesome to hear that 1Password Families is treating you and your entire family so well. It’s music to my ears. 🙂 🎶

2. ChrisM
    ChrisM says:

I bought all my 1P apps when they were v3. Recently signed up for a family trial but I haven’t subscribed (now ‘frozen’) as I’d want 6 users. Can I get this special deal if I subscribe now?

Hi Chris,

It’s great to hear you’ve already been using 1Password Families! 👌

If you write in to us at sales@1password.com along with your family account information, we can get you set up with this special. We’re a bit slammed at the moment, however, so please allow us a couple of days to get back to you.

3. Joe Preiser
    Joe Preiser says:

I’m already a 1Password Families subscriber but with only the standard number of people and storage. Is there a way to take advantage of this offer?

Hi Joe!

Great question! As I was telling Urban above, I set up this Special Family Day Special specifically because I wanted people to feel special and to have an extra special Family Day week. If I said “no” you wouldn’t feel special, and that would wreck the whole point of this special. So I think I have no choice but to say yes. 🙂

Please write in to our team at sales@1password.com with your family account information and they will add these perks to your account. We’re pretty busy at the moment so it will take them longer than usual to get back to you. But they will get back to you 🙂

Hello Prairie Walker! 👋

Good question. At this time there’s no place for you to check how much storage you are using. This is something we plan on adding to your Billing page in a future update. Hopefully sooner than later 🙂

Hi Dan,

This special is very similar to the early bird special we had during launch. You get a few extra family members with this one but the early bird gave you your first 3 months free.

Great question, Mark!

It depends on if you added your credit card to our billing page directly or whether you purchased using an Apple subscription. If the former, all you need to do is log into your account on 1Password.com, go to your Billing page, and switch to a Families account from there.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need any screenshots or more details and I’ll be happy to provide them – after I get some sleep 😉

4. Stephen
    Stephen says:

Hi Dave, I hope I’m not too late for this offer. I just signed up for 1password families today. I had been using the single user version on both MacOS and iOS. Is it possible to still be eligible for this offer? Didn’t see it show up as 2GB /10 users on my account.

Hi Stephen, 👋

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to reply to you yesterday – my wrists are on fire with RSI from all the typing I’ve been doing this week and I needed to sign off “early” before answering.

You were indeed just a bit too late for this offer! We set things back to normal on Sunday. You were close though so if you email us at sales@1password.com my team will be happy to hook you up. We’re all pretty busy here this week so please be patient as it may take a few days for them to get back to you.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your week! 🙂