Why We Love 1Password Memberships

TL;DR: We love 1Password. We love you. We believe 1Password memberships are the best and will shout it from the mountaintops, but standalone vaults aren’t being removed.

Recently a customer wrote in to praise us for handling a sticky situation with a quick and decisive response. They signed off their post with “from a happy customer”.

Jeff, our resident Chief Defender Against the Dark Arts, replied and signed his message with “from a happy 1Password maker”.

This was really cute and I loved the play on words. It also got me thinking though: we really are happy 1Password makers.

From a happy 1Password maker

Jeff’s phrase is similar to a statement that I tell our team often and expound upon during interviews: we all need to be working at our dream jobs. So I really shouldn’t be surprised by Jeff’s signature. But it stuck with me as I adored its simplicity.

Quick and to the point. And at the same time, a revelation. I absolutely loved it.

1Password is what it is today because we all love working here and have fun helping our customers. We are completely self-funded, independent, have turned down all offers from venture capitalists, and our board of directors consists entirely of people who work on 1Password and help customers directly each and every day.

As a result we’re able to provide true security and never compromise on protecting the privacy of our customers. We don’t have to and never will sell your information or spam you with ads.

The bottom line is we have a complete focus on 1Password and since we’re working on stuff we love, we’re excited and have the desire to constantly improve and make 1Password the best it can be. We’re happy to be able to do this.

Happy 1Password memberships

How is happiness related to 1Password memberships? Simple. We created 1Password memberships to make 1Password the best it can be. And a direct result of 1Password memberships is happier 1Password makers and customers alike.

I am so much happier now that 1Password has the power of memberships to help me help our customers. With memberships, there are several things that I no longer need to do, and as a direct result I have more time to improve 1Password and help more customers.

With 1Password memberships we have a wonderful set of things we no longer need to do. I call it my No More list and here are just the highlights:

No More telling people who had syncing misconfigured (or didn’t realize that syncing needed to be manually configured) that I’m sorry they lost their data when they reset their phone. With 1Password memberships, all your data is synced automatically when you sign in, so there’s nothing to set up or worry about configuring wrong.

No More telling people that I’m sorry that when they deleted some files from their hard drive they didn’t recognize they inadvertently deleted all their 1Password data. With 1Password memberships, everyone enjoys data loss protection that ensures this can never happen.

No More explaining that we don’t have any control or visibility into third-party sync solutions and are therefore limited when troubleshooting problems. With 1Password memberships, we are in complete control of both sides of the connection so we’re able to optimize things, quickly troubleshoot, and improve immediately when a problem is found. All this results in a rock solid solution that results in an entire category of issues no longer affecting our customers.

No More explaining why purchasing 1Password on one platform doesn’t automatically unlock it on all other platforms. Not only is it really hard for customers to understand that 1Password is “licensed per person, per platform, with paid upgrades”, but it’s an incredible mouthful for us to even say. With 1Password memberships, you simply subscribe once and you get access to 1Password everywhere.

No More needing to hold back on features for creating a “big splash” for major upgrades. These require purchasing a license upgrade and so it’s important that we save up features (often for a year or more) so we can woo customers to open up their wallets. With 1Password memberships, we can give people new features as soon as they are available so they can enjoy them right away. See Travel Mode and 1Password for Slackers for examples of this.

I wish I could also say No More for explaining to people who have forgotten their Master Password that 1Password uses true security and they therefore need to start over. But with 1Password memberships I can at least share the good news that families and teams can use Account Recovery to restore their own access.

And with the time we save from not needing to do these things, we’ll be able to improve 1Password itself to make it easier for customers to remember their Master Passwords. So perhaps someday soon this will indeed end up on my No More list.

Nudging people towards 1Password memberships

Now of course not everyone is on 1Password memberships yet, so we do indeed still work through these issues every day. So it’s not truly a No More list. At least not yet. Still, the number of people on memberships continues to grow every day, so we’re quickly seeing more and more of these bright spots as we move throughout our day.

All these bright spots add up to an even happier set of 1Password makers. And that’s as important for you as it is for us, because the happier a 1Password maker is, the better they’ll be able to widen the smiles of 1Password customers everywhere. Nothing great was ever created without passion, and this is just as true for designing and developing software as it is for customer support. I’m really excited about this and hope that someday 100% of our customers will embrace 1Password memberships.

Now the thing is, I know it’s not realistic to expect everyone to be able to be able to join one of our memberships at this time. As great as 1Password memberships are, I know that our excitement for them can cause some people to become worried. After all, many have corporate policies or regional restrictions that prevent them from using a hosted solution like ours, and so they’re understandably concerned and want to know that there’s a future for them with 1Password.

These worries are compounded by the fact that 1Password 6 for Windows was designed from the ground up to support 1Password Teams customers only (and then later expanded to include family and individual plans), and we are unsure how this adventure will play out on the Windows side of the world, so we haven’t made any public announcements about when support for standalone vaults will be added, if ever. Many Mac users worry that the same fate awaits 1Password 6 for Mac, and that we will remove support for local vaults and force them to pay again.

This isn’t going to happen. First, it would be evil to take away something you’ve already paid for. And evil doesn’t make for a Happy 1Password Customer, which is the cornerstone for a Happy 1Password Maker. It’s simply not who we are.

For those who purchased 1Password 6 for Mac already, you’re perfectly fine the way you are and can continue rocking 1Password the way you have been. There’s no requirement to change anything as we will not be removing features or forcing you to subscribe. In fact we’re still selling licenses of 1Password 6 for Mac for those that really need them (you can find them today on the setup screen under More Options).

And you need not worry about 1Password 7 for Mac, either, as it will continue to support standalone vaults just like version 6 does today.

We know that not everyone is ready to make the jump yet, and as such, we will continue to support customers who are managing their own standalone vaults. 1Password 6 and even 1Password 7 will continue to support standalone vaults. But 1Password memberships are indeed awesome and are the best way to use 1Password, and as such, I am going to continue to nudge you over when ever I can 🙂

Love Dave,
A Happy 1Password Maker ❤️ 🇨🇦

P. S. Please don’t think our excitement for memberships has anything to do with money. We’re completely self-funded so we don’t have any investors forcing us to make changes by looking solely at our bottom line. We were doing just fine selling individual licenses and AgileBits was already steadily growing before 1Password Teams was even introduced. We created 1Password Memberships because we had a vision for how 1Password could be even better and we followed our dreams. The result has been stupendously awesome and better than our wildest dreams! Today, over 95% of our revenues are coming from subscribers, which is truly mind blowing. Many investment strategists would say it makes sense to simply drop support for everything else and focus on the money. That’s not how we do things around here. We focus on people, love, and happiness. It’s the way we do things and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

P. P. S. You can create a 1Password membership and move all your existing data over today in just a few minutes. Learn more here. Like I said, I’m going to continue to non-apologetically nudge you over whenever I can 😉

« Older CommentsNewer Comments »
  1. Max Siegel
    Max Siegel says:

I started off as a longtime 1Password customer who synced via Dropbox. It worked fine (and still works fine, should I ever choose to return to it). And I have to confess, I was initially hesitant to convert to a 1Password membership.

And then the password situation became dire for my parents. They needed some kind of service that would allow them to easily share each other’s most important logins.

1Password Families put my parents’ security back in their hands. My mom, who does not describe herself as a techy person, has become a die-hard proponent of changing insecure passwords using 1Password. This activity that was once a tedious chore became fun.

Their experience, plus the open documentation about 1Password’s security model, prompted me to make the switch… and to get the rest of my family on board, too. 😊

2. Tony
    Tony says:

If you really want to make us happy, and it’s really not about the money, then how about ditching the dollar-a-month surcharge for paying monthly instead of annually? The people who can least afford to switch to memberships are the ones being penalized the most by this surcharge.

And whatever happened to the 6-month free trial? Was that for early adopters only?

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out and saying hi 👋

I never really thought of the monthly price as having a surcharge and always looked at it the opposite way that paying yearly got you a discount. With monthly payments we have to pay more expenses due to payment processing fees and we’re happy to pass these savings along to customers when they purchase annually. In fact we’re looking at extending this further to allow for purchasing multiple years at once and will have an even deeper discount for those.

As for the money, at the end of the day we have over 80 people working here and my accountant and fellow board member (aka my wife Sara) does poke me and Roustem and Shiner from time to time to make sure we do a few things to keep the lights on and everyone paid. We think our monthly price is quite reasonable and of course the yearly one even more so. My comment about money was more to squash some of the tweets I’ve been seeing where people assumed our investors would force our hands regardless of what we wanted to do. You see similar things happen all the time with companies that take a lot of venture capital money. So I decided to take this opportunity to remind folks that we’re completely self funded and don’t need to worry about keeping a few suits happy. Board meetings are never that fun, and even less so when not everyone’s interests are aligned. I’ve very happy not to have that problem 🙂

Regarding the 6-month free trial, we introduced that with the launch of our individual 1Password memberships as a way to say thank you to our existing users. We didn’t have the resources to write all the code that was required to allow you to “trade in” your existing license and so we instead gave all new signups a full 6 months free trial.

In the spirit of this blog post and given you clearly missed the original sale yet are obviously a long-term supporter, I’ll resurrect a promo that gives 6 months free when creating an individual or family family account. Simply use this link while signing up and you’ll get your extended trial:

I hope that helps and I hope that you enjoy your new 1Password membership! ❤️

• Tony
      Tony says:

I stand by calling it a surcharge. At $36/yr I can almost justify the cost since that might represent a yearly upgrade charge, although it’s borderline expensive even at that price. But paying monthly adds up to $48/yr. For me, that’s a deal breaker because it’s more than I consider 1Password to be worth. I completely understand it might be the right price for many of your customers, but not for me.

I appreciate the link to the 6-month deal. However, I already signed up for the 1-month trial and honestly I see no added benefit. Everything works just like it did before. The only extras are the “Pro” features on the Android version which I don’t really need. So I will stick with my 1Password 6 license for now. Thanks.

• Matt Butch
      Matt Butch says:

@Dave

Thank you for the 6 month trial. I’ve been a 1Password support since at least version 4 (maybe even 3, I can’t remember actually).

I was undecided whether to move to the subscription model. But the AgileBits team has convinced me to move, partially because I know stand alone vaults will be supported for while, but partially because of the security improvements. Also, it has been years since the last paid upgrade.

I missed the original promo, which I was a little upset about, and I was actually going to write here that you should offer it again. But you already did, and I signed up. Thanks!!

Awesome! Thank you for continuing to support us, Matt! We wouldn’t be here without awesome long time customers like you. ❤️

Love Dave,
      A Happy 1Password Maker

3. Frank Catalano
    Frank Catalano says:

A little over a year ago, I tweeted this – “I love 1Password & their new Families feature. It’s a great idea! I just can’t afford another subscription -they all add up over time.”

So what changed?

My wife decided to start using 1Password and I tried to set up a Shared vault using Dropbox. Well let’s just say things didn’t go as expected. Shortly after, I signed up for a 1Password Families account and I will never look back. For me personally, knowing my wife has access to everything she needs in the event of an emergency is priceless.

I was so impressed with 1Password Families that I decided to take to Twitter again – “1Password, I hope when I eventually work for you I can get an awesome nickname too. #fingerscrossed”

I can uncross my fingers now, I’m here and I love doing what I do everyday. I get to wake up every morning and share my story with our customers.

Frank Catalano
    Caped Crusader of Support @ AgileBits

4. Rob Yoder
    Rob Yoder says:

I’ve always found 1Password memberships intriguing and exciting. No one had to drag me into one. Then again, I’ve written a sizable chunk of the code. :) I was a 1Password customer for a while before becoming a customer support team member back in 2010. When I was invited to start working on this project a couple of years ago, I was exhilarated to be able to create something that would benefit customers (including me) so directly.

My family have been my (unfortunate) guinea pigs for this project. I signed them up early on, and as they experienced the pain points of brand new software I got to feel that pain too. What’s even better is that I then got to go fix it. That is literally the best part of this job. Some developers get so sequestered away from actual customers that they lose touch with what really needs to gets done. I get to help customers every week (including my own family and friends every so often), hear their amazing success stories and feel their pain, and then turn that feedback into action.

Our team, now over 80 people (?!?!), each have nuanced perspectives on 1Password based on their background and personal needs. What we all have in common though is that each of us loves the fact that our customers who have 1Password memberships are using the app much more successfully than they were before. And as Dave said, none of us liked telling customers who bought one app that the other apps were separate purchases – it was another horrible side effect of having no way to sell just one product. It made us and them feel unhappy.

At the same time, as a nerd, I totally get those who want to be in full control of their data, keeping it offline, backing it up, syncing it themselves etc. I still have offline 1Password backups from several years ago, and I was still using standalone vaults myself less than a year ago. I have a special place in my heart for things that don’t use an Internet connection. I’ve just found my 1Password membership to be so much more convenient that I haven’t looked back.

We were just talking about all of this and Dave remarks, “You know, we’re a family, and families fight more than anyone.” It’s so true. Some of us want to help our customers by making sure they can use 1Password the same way they always have. Others want to help our customers by getting them onto a 1Password membership because it will make their lives so much easier. The common thread is that everyone wants to make our customers as happy as possible because as Dave said, that makes us happy too, and the virtuous cycle continues. :)

5. Roscoe
    Roscoe says:

Thank you for this. Your openness with customers is what seperates you guys from the competition. I am so happy I can continue to see a future with 1Password and my local vaults. Excited to see what’s to come with version 7!!

Since Day 1,
    Happy Customer

Thanks for saying so, Roscoe! It’s awesome you’ve been supporting us since day one – we literally wouldn’t be here today without awesome customers like you and we’ll never lose sight of that.

Thank you so much for allowing us to work on what we love.

❤️

• Kate Sebald
      Kate Sebald says:

Hey Roscoe! If you happen to be a Windows guy, we’ve just made an exciting announcement about 1Password for Windows that may catch your interest. Come check it out, and if you have any questions, join us for a chat in the comments!💖🔐

6. Andrew Costen
    Andrew Costen says:

As Dave and others here can attest to, I’ve been very vocal from the beginning about keeping standalone vaults as a part of 1Password. I’m a geek who is very into handling my own data, sync, and backups, and didn’t ever want to lose that control. Even after we switched over to 1Password Teams for our work accounts here at AgileBits, I kept my personal passwords in a standalone vault for the longest time. But despite all that, I’m also a fan of technology that “just works” and I eventually gave in when I was setting up a 1Password Families account for my wife’s family and realized how much simpler it is to not worry about the hassle of local syncing and making backups of my backups (although that’s not to say I didn’t keep a copy of my 1Password.opvault in case I ever changed my mind, but at this point even I’m sold on sticking with an account and very much doubt I’ll ever go back to using it).

7. Niko
    Niko says:

Over the years, I spent well above 200 € on different flavors of 1Password. This post assures me I won’t even have the chance to spend any more on 1Password, because I will never ever store my passwords to the cloud.

Let me delve into your arguments:

No more sync issues: You really think the audience of a blog that talks about crypto primitives is not capable of maintaining their own sync systems? You’re right, there are people who cannot understand the former or do the latter, and they are probably happy with the cloud service. But there are a lot of others, too.

No more deleted files: Yet again, not the typical issue of power users who understand the implications of local vs. cloud storage.

No more third party issues: Same argument as above, same reply, too. Actually, the great integration into third party applications (both browsers and sync systems) is, no: WAS, the killer feature of 1Password.

No more purchase per platform: The pricing model is completely independent of the place of my vault. You could very well introduce a subscription model for 1Password versions supporting local vaults. Besides, 1Password is already quite expensive: For three times the 1Password price, I can buy MS Office. You cannot argue each of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint provide only the same or less value than 1Password.

No more holding back features: You’re free to push new versions with no additional costs, introduce a subscription model, or in-app purchases for add-ons. Again, pricing is completely independent of vault storage.

For the rest of the article, it’s more interesting what you do not say:

You do not say 1Password 6 for Windows will ever support local vaults. This means local vaults will be unusable on Windows in the long term, because maintaining two code bases makes no sense. Or, if they aren’t that different after all, you’re withholding local vaults for version 6 on purpose, which would turn “nudging” into “extortion”.
    You do not say you will support local vaults on Mac for the foreseeable future (“forever”). This hints to deprecating and eventually abandoning them, because you’re not very shy on bold statements in general (see security posts).
    You do not (directly) say that the non-cloud customers are economically irrelevant (as they account for only 5 % of your revenues). This means, in the long term, there can be only one business decision.

You mentioned some organizational issues with cloud storage, but skipped over the equally important security issues. Just to name a few:

A cloud system storing exclusively passwords is an extremely attractive target, way more attractive than a general file syncing system.
    Some of my vaults never ever travel over a network. Any network access increases the attack surface by several orders of magnitude.
    I doubt you implement different storage strategies for accounts with or without Account Recovery enabled. This means that any account has one master key that can decrypt any password — yet again a new attack vector (so much to your last “no more”).

I used to be a happy 1Password customer for a long time. Currently using Windows as main OS, I already feel left behind by the 1Password 4 I’m forced to use. Sadly, I can clearly see where this journey ends.

• Kate Sebald
      Kate Sebald says:

Hey Niko! First off, I think a lot of folks are taking Dave’s statement that these No More issues needed to be resolved to mean these were problems for everyone. Of course, we don’t expect our highly technical users to have encountered these. That said, they were still big problems that we dealt with every day (and still do to some extent) that we really wanted to address for those who were encountering them. 1Password memberships have helped us do that and we think that’s great, but, just as you said, that doesn’t mean we thought these problems were 100% universal. Of course, even folks who never encountered one of these issues have found value in a 1Password membership, but we know there are some folks for whom they’re just not the right choice and that’s fine. 🙂

You do not say 1Password 6 for Windows will ever support local vaults.

This is true and that’s because we do still have some work to do on memberships before we’ll be able to focus any development efforts elsewhere. We don’t want to make promises unless we’re absolutely certain we can keep them. I know this leaves some uncertainty in the air, but we’d rather over-deliver than over-promise and fail to live up to those promises.

maintaining two code bases makes no sense.

There’s definitely some truth here. It’s extra work for sure, but the fact is that we did not want to leave our standalone customers out in the cold and, if that means we need to maintain two code bases for a period, we’re more than happy to do so, even if it is extra work. 🙂

I’ll admit, I may not be following you here, but your Secret Key and Master Password still stay local before, during and after account recovery. These keys aren’t shared with us or with the person recovering your account. If I’m missing the point, I’d love some clarification of where you see a problem here so I can touch base with our security team and better address this concern.

Regardless, though I understand why you and others see a certain path laid out before you, I can only repeat that we have no plans at all right now to stop supporting standalone vaults and that you’re more than welcome to continue using them. I know this means some folks will still be giving me the side-eye for a bit and that’s a-okay. It’s up to us to keep earning your business down the road and we’ll keep working hard to do just that. 🙂

• Kate Sebald
      Kate Sebald says:

Hey Niko! We’ve just made an exciting announcement about a new flavor of 1Password for Windows I’m sure would interest you. Come check it out, and if you have any questions, join us for a chat in the comments!💖🔐

8. Patrick H. Lauke
    Patrick H. Lauke says:

You forgot “No more taking a single payment from a customer and letting them own their software – now we can get them to pay monthly”. And please don’t give me the “you can carry on using the standalone version you have now” line. True…until some critical update is needed, or the host OS changes some APIs, requiring an update or patch which will then never come. I appreciate you’re trying to put a happy spin on “we’re discontinuing standalone and going all in on membership model”, but it doesn’t really wash with many of your long time loyal users.

• Kate Sebald
      Kate Sebald says:

Hey Patrick! We do still support the single-payment model. The Pro Features for iOS and Android are available via in-app purchase and the basic features are actually free. The Mac app is sold on the App Store as a one-time in-app purchase as well. It’s there, it’s just not emphasized because, as Dave stated, a 1Password membership really is the best choice for most of our customers.

Of course, it still is their choice and if folks need my help to purchase a standalone license and that’s really what they want, then I’m more than happy to lend a hand. It may be after I send an e-mail encouraging them to consider a membership instead, which may annoy some a bit (sorry!), but I’m not going to force anyone’s hand. It may one day be the case that we switch to exclusively 1Password memberships. I know never to say never. But that day is not today, nor do we have any existing plans to make that move. I know that new Windows users don’t have this choice right now, but I work almost exclusively on Windows support and rarely does anyone ask me to purchase a standalone Windows license. If standalone licenses and vaults come to 1Password 6, that may change, but for now 1Password accounts seem to be fitting the needs of our new Windows users more than 9 times out of 10.

As for updates, for most of the apps, standalone vaults and 1Password accounts exist side-by-side in the same app. If we update 1Password for Mac, iOS or Android, every single one of our customers gets that update. Yes, some new features are exclusive to 1Password accounts, but we’ve also released updates that focused on standalone exclusive features as well (yes, even for Windows). Recently, we updated 1Password 6 for Mac, iOS and Android to support Dropbox’s new API. We also updated 1Password 4 for Windows to support upcoming changes to Chrome and Firefox so that our standalone customers can continue saving and filling on Windows once these changes come along. You can keep using the existing version and we have and will keep updating it. No subscription required. 🙂

9. Patrick H. Lauke
    Patrick H. Lauke says:

and to recap: on Windows the only option for standalone is 1Password 4, as you’re not sure if there will ever be support for local vaults in 6. But then you offer reassurance to Mac users that this won’t happen to them? What about Windows users? Not enough of a share of the pie to warrant development?

• Kate Sebald
      Kate Sebald says:

Hello again Patrick! I wanted to address this comment separately because I felt it does deserve its own reply. As Dave mentioned in his post, we’re bending the rules a bit by making future commitments at all. It’s a tough balance because we often have great ideas we want to share, but we know that development never goes exactly as we plan so we may be creating a whole lot of excitement over what ultimately amounts to nothing. We already did that a bit with standalone vaults in 1Password 6. We wanted to add them and we still do, but we were wrong about the timeline we set when we first built 1Password 6 for Windows and we don’t want to make the same mistake again.

1Password 6 for Windows is a really young app. Less than a year old, in fact. We work towards as unified a 1Password experience as we can across platforms, but each and every app is coded specifically for its platform and built to integrate with its OS. Coding languages, tooling, APIs and even the cryptographic libraries used for Windows are different than those used for Mac. We are really just getting started with 1Password 6 for Windows. We threw out seven years of development by deciding to rebuild. This is exciting, of course, because 1Password 6 is already awesome, and we were able to ensure it was built using the very best modern technologies, but it does mean we have to build everything from scratch.

Our Windows developers are wonderful and have already done so many amazing things in such a short period of time. I actually goofed in a previous comment thinking the Windows app had been around for longer because it has matured so much so quickly. All the same, the fact that we don’t have those seven years of Windows development to reuse and build on does make the difficult task of predicting the future of 1Password that much harder. We’ve already made that mistake once and don’t want to make it again. We do want to add standalone vaults to 1Password 6 for Windows and in our perfect universe that will happen at some point down the line, but we don’t always live in our perfect universe. We’d ultimately rather make standalone vaults in 1Password 6 for Windows a pleasant surprise and accept whatever pushback we may get in the meantime than make promises we aren’t certain we can keep. I can’t give you assurances, but I can say we’ll try our very best. 🙂

• Kate Sebald
      Kate Sebald says:

Hey Patrick! If you’re still itching for that new Windows app, we’ve just made an exciting announcement you won’t want to miss. Come check it out, and if you have any questions, join us for a chat in the comments!💖🔐

10. Jeff Goldrich
    Jeff Goldrich says:

I’ll keep my local vault.. thank you very much. Your servers are just too big a target for evil people. Why do people rob banks? cause that’s were the money is…Why would people want to hack your system? Because thats where ALL the passwords are. Please don’t say it’s impossible.. I love 1password… but will never join the bank.

Hi Jeff,

I agree with you that people rob banks because that’s where the money is. And our servers would be an equally juicy target if they stored anything of value. The thing is we don’t store your passwords on our servers. Instead 1Password uploads an encrypted blob of gibberish to our server which only you have the keys to decrypt and turn back into sensible information. It’s simply useless information and if anyone did break in it would be like a robber successfully breaking in to a bank only to find the vaults empty.

Many apps talk about encryption but our security design takes it much further. In addition to things like Secure Remote Password and of course SSL, we introduced the Secret Key which is unique for each 1Password account. This secret key is 128 bits of random data that is generated for your account and it plays a key role in the encryption process. Basically it means that even if an attacker stole our database and tried to brute force your Master Password, they would be unable to do so, even if you used a weak Master Password (we obviously suggest you still use a good one to further strengthen your security!).

And having your data in a central place does a lot more than simply making syncing (much) easier. Creating additional vaults is super easy, secure sharing within teams and family accounts becomes possible, along with automatic backups, item history, and data loss protections. Together they make 1Password memberships the best way to use 1Password.

With all that said, if you’re not comfortable with the cloud, we’re not going to beat you over the head with it. In time we hope you warm up to it but if you don’t, standalone vaults are your friend.

Love Dave,